Christina Richardson Staying!

3,641 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
jneerman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

[url=https://12thman.com/news/2022/6/1/womens-basketball-richardson-added-to-womens-basketball-staff.aspx]https://12thman.com/news/2022/6/1/womens-basketball-richardson-added-to-womens-basketball-staff.aspx[/url]

BRYAN-COLLEGE STATION, Texas Texas A&M women's basketball head coach Joni Taylor announced Wednesday that Christina Richardson would be joining her staff as director of administration and special projects.

"I am ecstatic to have the opportunity to continue my journey in Aggieland as a part of Coach Taylor's staff," Richardson said. "Joni is a passionate leader who puts love, integrity and excellence at the forefront, and I could not be more excited to work alongside her and her staff. I look forward to continuing our program's rich tradition and history of success by embracing our community, our fans, our current and former student-athletes and everyone else who helps make Aggieland the place to be!"

ADVERTISING

"I am very happy to have Christina [Richardson] join our staff and stay with us in Aggieland," Taylor said. "Her value will not only be felt in our day-to-day operations, but also within the community. As an Aggie, she brings a wealth of knowledge in regard to the tradition and expectations of Texas A&M. I can't wait to see how she continues to impact this program."

Richardson spent last season as the director of operations for the women's basketball program under A&M legend Gary Blair. Prior to that, she served four seasons as the director of operations for the George Washington women's basketball team and was a part of the 2018 Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament Championship team. In her with the Colonials, Richardson oversaw all operations of the program and worked in conjunction with coaches and support staff to meet all team needs.

The Katy, Texas, native served as a student manager with A&M from 2011-14. She was a part of the Aggies' 2011 National Championship team and 2013 SEC Championship squad. Richardson received her bachelor's degree in sports management and minor in business administration in 2014.

After Aggieland, the former student went on to become the Director of Operations at Siena College for one season (2014-15) and then a graduate assistant at Mississippi State from 2015-17.

While a member of the Bulldogs, she was a part of a Sweet 16 run and the programs first ever NCAA Championship appearance in 2017 after upsetting the UConn Huskies in the Final Four. She capped off her stay in Starkville, Mississippi, earning her master's in sport administration.

Richardson serves on the Director of Operations Committee for the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA).

New season ticket purchases for the 2022-23 Texas A&M women's basketball season are on sale through the 12th Man Foundation. Returning season ticket holders will have the opportunity to renew their tickets later this summer.
Rudybryan
Congrats!!!!!
coldmoose
Very nice! Congratulations!
Thymes
Was this Claudia's position, or will she also stay?
Kbeauty63
AG
Thymes said:

Claudia is gone
Thymes
Kbeauty63 said:

Thymes said:

Claudia is gone
That's a tremendous loss of institutional knowledge. Claudia knows where all the bodies are buried.

Bucketrunner
Claudia was the best. Losing her is a big mistake.
aggiebrad94
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Why?

What duties that she performed will not be done by the new staff?
Rudybryan
aggiebrad94 said:

Bucketrunner said:

Why?

What duties that she performed will not be done by the new staff?
My Question

Claudia knew the inside of TAMU - especially the who to call - do you think NEW staff knows who the wheelers and dealers are........those of us not in the Blair buddies where are we going to get our information from....who now is doing lunches or our we having lunches, radio show, road trips etc.......there is a ton of us not on the Blair Buddies email list but on Claudia's list....is that list in exsistance or our we out in the dark.
aggiebrad94
AG
Since her email lists are work product and there was someone who had these lists before her, I'm sure the new staff will be able to pick that up fairly easily.
Kbeauty63
AG
WOW...JUST WOW...Read on Twitter Claudia went up to be with Coach Bond-White.....15 years with TAMU-WBB experience....gone....
Bucketrunner
God speed, Claudia. You will be missed.
Rudybryan
Kelly was the smart one.......

CARBONDALE, Ill. The Saluki women's basketball staff for the 2022-23 season is complete after four new additions, head coach Kelly Bond-White announced today.

Claudia Walker comes to Carbondale from Texas A&M, where she previously worked alongside Bond-White for numerous seasons. Walker will serve as the Director of Basketball Internal Operations

"Claudia Walker is the most patient, conscientious, detail oriented, teammate I've ever had," Bond-White said. "She literally ran our office at Texas A&M for the last 15 years. If you asked every coached that walked those hallways, they would tell you she was the real MVP. Claudia's jump-right-in nature saw her be a huge part of our success with our student workers, summer camps, fall clinics, luncheons, community relations, budget management, player development and coaches' travel. The time she put in to the smallest of details to make our players feel special never went unnoticed. It was that attention to detail, coupled with her faith-led management skill set, that had me name her our Director of Basketball Internal Operations."

Jordan Alford joins as a full-time staff member after spending the past two seasons with Saluki women's basketball as a graduate assistant. Alford will hold the roles of Video Coordinator and Director of Basketball External Operations.

"Jordan Alford impressed me everyday she showed up ready to tackle whatever I threw at her," Bond-White said. "I know she had those moments of 'Okay, this lady is crazy,' but she never wavered. I tested her to see if she would fold under 'this is too much,' or 'those expectations are crazy.' Jordan never did! Her title is just as long as her responsibilities and I let her know she will get the chance to do a little or a lot of everything this year! I'm excited to have Jordan stay on as our Video Coordinator & Director of Basketball External Operations."

Shadrian McDaniel is one of two graduate assistants coming to Carbondale. A native of the Chicagoland area, McDaniel played her prep career at Kenwoood High School before continuing her academic and athletic careers at the University of St. Francis, where she was a three-year starter on a Fighting Saints team that averaged 25 wins per season during her tenure.

"Shadrian McDaniel just wrapped up an impressive collegiate career at the University of St. Francis," Bond-White said. "After competing with and against some of our current players and recruits in the Chicagoland area, Shay's hunger, resume, and recommendations set her apart in my search for an entry level GA position. Some of her duties will be to assist in photography, video, graphics, social media, statistics, and our empowerment program."

Harison Russell rounds out the women's basketball staff as a graduate assistant. Russell has previous experience working with Bond-White at Texas A&M as a student manager.

"Harison Russell was my head manager for the last two years at Texas A&M," Bond-White said. "He was selfless and hard-working. He was also a sponge for the game. He understands the pace and expectations I have for practice with my players, practice players and managers. It is difficult for some young people to draw a line to be able to separate being a young administrator while also being the players' age. Harison was able to efficiently do just that. Some of his duties will be to assist in equipment, analytics, overseeing managers and travel. I believe in rewarding hard work and I'm overjoyed that Harison will complete our staff."
Rudybryan
aggiebrad94 said:

Since her email lists are work product and there was someone who had these lists before her, I'm sure the new staff will be able to pick that up fairly easily.
Read why Kelly offered her a job and hired her......a look at the inside...."Claudia Walker is the most patient, conscientious, detail oriented, teammate I've ever had," Bond-White said. "She literally ran our office at Texas A&M for the last 15 years. If you asked every coached that walked those hallways, they would tell you she was the real MVP. Claudia's jump-right-in nature saw her be a huge part of our success with our student workers, summer camps, fall clinics, luncheons, community relations, budget management, player development and coaches' travel. The time she put in to the smallest of details to make our players feel special never went unnoticed. It was that attention to detail, coupled with her faith-led management skill set, that had me name her our Director of Basketball Internal Operations."

Kelly is surrounded by a great group that knows her and she knows them......a group with years together......Jordan., Claudia, Harison
aggiebrad94
AG
Here's something I've learned as I've gotten older and (hopefully) more mature:

Sometimes the next person is even better!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Agree with this times 1000. Love Claudia, but I bet we are in great hands!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.