I want to provide an NIL opportunity....

10 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 3rd Generation Ag
HighYield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have submitted my information to the approved TAMU NIL reps (AMPLIFY) and not received anything back.

The other way to go about doing this is directly contacting the player (So I have heard). I do not know anyone on the team or have a way to contact them.

Does anyone have a contact to a current or former player so that I can present my offer and see if there is a WBB player than would be avail or desires the offer?

I have no qualms and would actually prefer to use AMPLIFY, but it does not appear to be working for me.

Thanks.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think this is amazing for our athletes. Good bull! I wish I had the answers, but it's such a new thing that many are tip-toeing around the subject due to the legalities. I would contact Ross Bjork's office and get approval before contacting any athletes to prevent them from getting in trouble. Maybe he can put some pressure on Amplify to make it happen sooner rather than later.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
greg.w.h
AG
You need to read this page carefully and see who it targets (student athletes) and what the purpose is (help them with brand definition and training on networking with potential sponsors.) No indication they approve sponsors.

https://12thman.com/sports/2021/7/1/amplify.aspx
taylorswift13
AG
You can contact Tamu Compliance and they will assist you, but once you're Amplify profile is completed you can directly contact the athletes on there and set up a direct deposit for a service! Then the athletes can choose whether to accept or decline the offer. https://12thman.com/sports/compliance#
HighYield
AG
Thank you all for your replies.

I have done all that you have recommended (I have hours and months in this endeavor). I first started to hustle up a deal with a player literally days after the Texas law changed. I actually had a NIL contract in place with a high profile football player very early on (before Amplify) when all contracts went through/to the University. As my deal was being 'approved/reviewed" by the University they realized they were not allowed to be doing this on behalf of the SA. At that point the University would neither confirm nor deny they even had my contract and everything just disappeared.

The SA, through his NIL rep (his uncle and later a professional marketing agent), explained that they were advised to hold off on everything until TAMU figured everything out. I was then told by my SA's marketing rep that Jimbo and the University were using language and tactics to scare/discourage players to not take NIL deals that required much of anything from them during the season or was not large amounts of money. So I gave up.

I then attended several on-line NIL seminars to educate myself and refine my approach and tactics. I also waited to allow the system to mature with the hopes that the fear and anxiety for everyone involved would allow more SAs/coaches/parents/uni officials to feel comfortable saying 'yes'. The research has lead to me to approach WBB during the off season. WBB is not the lowest in NIL recipients, but pretty darn low in total % of NIL deals and they have a very low per deal dollar amount.

I enjoy being a first mover and learning new things. I also enjoy supporting and shining light on those that have earned it, but might not naturally receive it. I think our WBB is a perfect fit.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I love this! You can NIL with me if you'd like haha! I've wanted to look into this as well but the process seems uncertain to me.

Please keep us posted. I think there are several high profile WBB athletes that you could definitely use!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
greg.w.h
AG
The NCAA is attempting to put its enforcement team into motion with the guidelines. Their goal is to get Congress to nationalize the NIL law and most importantly to give them anti-trust protection similar to especially Major League Baseball to be able to hold things like drafts and to avoid anti-trust lawsuits.

Right now the overhang from the previous regime means, I suspect, that any contract you write cannot require school-specific performance. So the deal should smoothly port if the athlete transfers or even drops out of college basketball. You can imagine that while the NCAA isn't necessarily opposed to traditional clauses regarding not causing harm to your brand, they also are dealing with a whole host of other interests and might seek yo limit those details, too.

Finally, if you're closely affiliated with the University I suspect those are the kind of deals the NCAA tries to stomp on since their booster rules really aren't designed to allow closely related entities to do business with student athletes. I'm sure these are some of the reasons the administration is moving cautiously.

I personally think following state law is all that is required if you live in Texas. And have excellent counsel…and if you have excellent counsel, my advice is meaningless…
zooguy96
I'm a lolpoor teacher. I'm ready to take any and all NIL deals. I have absolutely no athletic ability.
taylorswift13
AG
We need to pay Janiah Barker! I'm still in law school but I'll cheer you on as you do!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I am poor/ I do stacked and trust texags to get some of the money toWBB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.