Ags pick up Georgia transfer

3,123 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Aggie1188
AggieSports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieSports
AG
AggieSports
AG
BQ_90
AG
she didn't play much last year, 50 minutes total for all games or that was in conference

avg. 2 pts a game

UGA site is only showing conference games on stats.

but she is/was just a freshman, guess she's a sophomore now.
fitzwatema
AG
I don't know anything about her, but if Coach Taylor recruited her to Georgia hopefully she can help the team out.
AggieSports
AG
She's actually a Class of '22 signee, but enrolled for the spring semester at UGA arriving on campus Dec 30.

https://www.ladybulldogsreport.com/p/the-makings-of-tineya-hyltons-defensive
AggieSports
AG
Sure hope Janiah Barker is coming, too!
aggiedrjdub
AG
At least there's finally some news. This may be the flood gates opening…
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

At least there's finally some news. This may be the flood gates opening…

Here's hoping!
taylorswift13
AG
Seems like a quick and shifty point guard! She controls the ball and can shoot well! She presumably just turned 18, and has been in the college game for a semester. It's a solid addition and I'm sure she'll continue to develop and provide some depth behind Jordan Nixon!
aggiedrjdub
AG
It will be nice to have a true point guard so Nixon can play the 2!
taylorswift13
AG
I could see that too! If she's developed well I could see her starting... hopefully she learned a lot in her semester with the team! Not sure why she would enroll early during the season, but any experience is good experience. Her and Green both could compliment Nixon at the 2! I'll leave the decision to Coach Taylor.
fitzwatema
AG
This was what I was thinking, help for Green and allow Nixon to be in her more natural 2 position.
Rudybryan
fitzwatema said:

This was what I was thinking, help for Green and allow Nixon to be in her more natural 2 position.
Don't think positions in basketball. Coach Taylor wants to play positionless ball....which is the new wave with 1-5 interchangeable or so I have read.....we will see

https://proskillsbasketball.com/3-benefits-positionless-basketball/
aggiedrjdub
AG
I do agree but I think we need someone quicker with a more secure handle to bring the ball up the court.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Looks like that transfer is heading to Tennessee. Took it down so the link wouldn't overload the feed.
greg.w.h
AG
I trust Coach. LET'S GET THE BALL ROLLED IN!!!
greg.w.h
AG
Btw, I think I mentioned this before but wanted to mention it again. I remember watching her coach Georgia and I don't think it was even a game against us prior to this year and thought (and forgot about it so taking no credit for thinking it), "she would be a great coach for us."

It kind of raised the hair on my arm when I discussed it with my wife after she was announced. My hope is the intangibles even outweigh the tangibles and she really does add her own impact as she builds on the foundation Blair laid.

I also think it's clear Blair agrees with the hire even if he didn't make the choice himself. And who knows…maybe he got listened to carefully.

Regardless: truly excited and hope we can turn out the best and biggest fan base in the nation in college sports for Women's Basketball!!

JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
I'm not completely sure who I saw and the exact names, but it looked as though some of Joni's staff at Georgia was at the banquet last night. Most notably her defensive guy Robert Mosely.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I noticed he retweeted the girl from Georgia that's transferring here. I bet he will be one of our coaches.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I noticed he retweeted the girl from Georgia that's transferring here. I bet he will be one of our coaches.
Excited about Mosely. Also looked like one of the other assistants Chelsea Newton was there (though I'm not 100% sure it was her) and her director of ops Meredith Mitchell. Not sure what that would mean for Christina but I'm excited about the new faces.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Wasn't it Christine that accepted a position with the Atlanta Dream or was that someone else? I swear j read something somewhere. Maybe it was someone else.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Wasn't it Christine that accepted a position with the Atlanta Dream or was that someone else? I swear j read something somewhere. Maybe it was someone else.
that was Katie Burria our athletic trainer
Aggie1188
Rudybryan said:

fitzwatema said:

Don't think positions in basketball. Coach Taylor wants to play positionless ball....which is the new wave with 1-5 interchangeable or so I have read.....we will see

https://proskillsbasketball.com/3-benefits-positionless-basketball/
thank goodness and hopefully a lesson learned, because Coach Taylor started a big slow white girl at Georgia who hurt Georgia regularly with her slow foot speed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.