NC Game

2,916 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texker said:

Rudybryan said:

taylorswift13 said:

Cause it's nearly 5k for something nearly every high schooler has lol

Give Dawn credit she is a hell of a dresser - she wears alot of LV clothing
She earned it. Success doesn't suck.

No, but it's the same 7 year old Chinese kid sewing 50 cent PVC sleeves either way, whether it's a $50 NHS letter jacket or a $5000 one. Sometimes it's more embarrassing for the emperor to actually wear the clothes.
Texker
AG
So you going to purge your house of the products made in China by those same kids?
Bucketrunner
Just thought it seemed odd for her not to be in the team colors. Not sure what statement she was trying to make.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Until we can rebound like South Carolina we will be on the outside looking in. I cannot believe how badly South Carolina out rebounded UCONN. That stat was insane when I saw it.
94chem
Texker said:

So you going to purge your house of the products made in China by those same kids?
Of the 5 best men's players in the country this season, one of them made it past the Sweet 16. If you take a cynic's view, you would argue that everything the coaches do is directed toward recruiting.

If that is true in the men's game, where having the best players doesn't even guarantee success, think how important it is in the women's game. The players stay for 4 years, and the tournament is straight chalk. The bottom line is that if you have the best player in the country, you're automatically in the Elite 8 for the next 4 years.

Staley is pushing an in-your-face materialism here. It's a calculated approach to appeal to the very best talent. She's doing it because it apparently speaks to the HS girls that she's recruiting.

In a sport where you're always one player away from the Final 4, a bling war in the women's coaching ranks would be must-see t.v.
94chem
aggiedrjdub said:

Until we can rebound like South Carolina we will be on the outside looking in. I cannot believe how badly South Carolina out rebounded UCONN. That stat was insane when I saw it.
Well, their best player was bigger, stronger, wider, faster...than anybody UConn had on the court.
aggiedrjdub
AG
94chem said:

Texker said:

Of the 5 best men's players in the country this season, one of them made it past the Sweet 16. If you take a cynic's view, you would argue that everything the coaches do is directed toward recruiting.

If that is true in the men's game, where having the best players doesn't even guarantee success, think how important it is in the women's game. The players stay for 4 years, and the tournament is straight chalk. The bottom line is that if you have the best player in the country, you're automatically in the Elite 8 for the next 4 years.

Staley is pushing an in-your-face materialism here. It's a calculated approach to appeal to the very best talent. She's doing it because it apparently speaks to the HS girls that she's recruiting.

In a sport where you're always one player away from the Final 4, a bling war in the women's coaching ranks would be must-see t.v.
I think this is true for just about anyone that has found this level of success. Our own new coach dresses like a million bucks. Does she wear LV and in your face name brand stuff? Not sure. I would bet that much of Dawn's wardrobe is part of her compensation package. I bet she doesn't personally pay a dime.

Everything Dawn is doing is working. It's going to take a real banger to stop her at this point. What' she's building could very well rival or surpass UCONN. Is Geno done? No. But, at this point, I do believe he has taken a back seat to Dawn and what she's doing currently. That doesn't take away what Geno has done, but living in the past is what stagnates a program.

I was amazed at the speed of play yesterday from both teams. Just on another level. The offensive cuts, the constant motion. The game came down to rebounding and effort. When you have so much height that you literally just rebound the ball before it even descends (or so it seems), you have a real advantage.

South Carolina will be a force next season; however, Destiny Henderson will be very hard to replace.
aggiedrjdub
AG
94chem said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Well, their best player was bigger, stronger, wider, faster...than anybody UConn had on the court.

At one point in the game, you could say that 3 of South Carolina's players were bigger, stronger, wider, and faster than anybody UCONN had on the court. Although Brea Beale is listed at 6'2, she jumps higher than anyone on the court. Dawn just has better players, period.
aggiedrjdub
AG

This sucks.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.