Transfer Portal Thread

27,026 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
JimbosNattyTrophy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Figured I'd make a thread where we can post all transfer portal news rather than making a bunch of threads

AggieSports
AG

Those are 3 of their best players. Wonder what's going on at UK?
AggieSports
AG
This is a great site for keeping up with all the transfers within WBB.

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2021-22/
AggieSports
AG
After visits to tu, lsu, and tenn, former miss st star Rickea Jackson settles on the Vols….the lesser of 3 evils imo. Jackson quit the Miss St team during conference play. Not a good look.
BQ_90
AG
AggieSports said:

Those are 3 of their best players. Wonder what's going on at UK?
wow
aggiedrjdub
AG
Woah.
BQ_90
AG
wonder if they don't like the new coach after all
aggiedrjdub
AG
Coach Taylor is everywhere this weekend. She has to be exhausted.

Anyway - think she's recruiting yet? LOL
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
Georgia freshman Reigan Richdardson has entered the portal https://instagr.am/p/Cbi9VJFJ28J
jneerman
AG

Five star freshman post at Arizona enters the portal.
AggieSports
AG
There is a lot of talent available in the portal. Sure makes it easier for a coach to build a competitive roster more quickly than in the past. I have no doubt Coach Taylor will land some of that talent if she so desires. Also, I love that she has made it clear that she won't sign a player based on talent alone. She really looks into what kind of person they are and if they would be a good fit for the culture of her program.
DogCompany74
AG
Coach Taylor strikes me as a person with strong principles that she won't compromise . That will serve her well.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
fitzwatema
AG
I'm really excited to see what kind of players Coach Taylor can bring in. Looking forward to seeing what her staff is going to look like. She has a lot things to get done in a short amount of time.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
Mya Petticord has removed all A&M related content from her social media pages. Would hate to lose her but there may be bigger fish to fry
aggiedrjdub
AG
Sarah Ashley Barker committed to Alabama from the portal. Guess she's not following coach Taylor to Aggieland.
fitzwatema
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Sarah Ashley Barker committed to Alabama from the portal. Guess she's not following coach Taylor to Aggieland.

Bummer!
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

She's from Alabama. Guess she wanted to go home.
Gap
AG
Her father was a national championship winning QB at Alabama.
aggiedrjdub
AG
aw - thats right; good info, gap!

Does anyone have any insight into how long the process takes to bring on an entire staff? Really wondering about S. Carter. Would hate to see her go. Such a positive influence inside the WBB department and nationwide. Someone also mentioned that you won't see any of our girls in the portal until after the semester. Why would they need to wait? Do you think Coach Taylor is having one on one meetings with the team members to see if she wants them to stay or go?
AggieSports
AG

Big news for Iowa St! She's a tremendous player! I know they're so glad she's coming back for one more year.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
AggieSports said:

Big news for Iowa St! She's a tremendous player! I know they're so glad she's coming back for one more year.
Wow she was supposed to go high in the draft. But then again that means about 30k a year so I understand. Huge for the cyclones
AggieSports
AG

Wow! Another UK player in the portal! Just read that she's wanting to go to law school, so a grad transfer which makes it a different circumstance from the others who entered the portal from UK.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Dang!
BQ_90
AG
AggieSports said:

Wow! Another UK player in the portal! Just read that she's wanting to go to law school, so a grad transfer which makes it a different circumstance from the others who entered the portal from UK.
maybe so, but this seems like a lot of transfers off a successful team. This seems odd esp since the coach wasn't brought in from outside. Just seems really odd. I know if this was our team we'd be melting down over it.
AggieSports
AG
BQ_90 said:

AggieSports said:

maybe so, but this seems like a lot of transfers off a successful team. This seems odd esp since the coach wasn't brought in from outside. Just seems really odd. I know if this was our team we'd be melting down over it.

You're exactly right about us melting down. Lol Here's a little more insight into the situation at UK.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/ksrs-reaction-to-kentucky-wbb-losing-three-starters/
AggieSports
AG

I thought this was an interesting graphic.
Rudybryan
The problem with today's generations they operate off "I am entitled" instead of "I work hard to be successful"

aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm hearing KBW will be introduced as Southern Illinois's new head coach. TBA soon.
Kbeauty63
AG
if that's true - I wish her ALL the best & great success
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I'm hearing KBW will be introduced as Southern Illinois's new head coach. TBA soon.

That would be awesome! Sure hope it's true!
fitzwatema
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

That would get her back to her home state, so a good move for her. I am truly sorry to see her leave, but if she isn't being asked/interviewed for an assistant position under Coach Taylor it makes perfect sense for her career. Wish her nothing but the best, she always handled herself professionally while here at Texas A&M.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yeah. We will see…sure do hate to see her go if it's true.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
aggiedrjdub said:

Yeah. We will see…sure do hate to see her go if it's true.

Did you just reply to yourself?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Apparently LOL
Rudybryan
Posted by: @salukiworld
Head coaching position got posted:

NCAAMARKET.NCAA.ORG "https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/16468279/head-coach-women-s-basketball"

Head Coach - Women's Basketball in Carbondale, IL for Southern Illinois University
Exciting opportunity in Carbondale, IL for Southern Illinois University as a Head Coach - Women

This was posted on the 15th and had a closing date of today the 21st? Sounds like to me the AD already has a short list and we should hear about a hire soon. A lot of coaches are moving around quickly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.