Gator Head WBB Head Coach steps down

1,292 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fitzwatema
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cam Newbauer has stepped down as Florida women's basketball head coach for personal reasons, the University announced Friday.

"Being the head coach of the University of Florida women's basketball team has been the honor of a lifetime," Newbauer said. "After much reflection, my family and I have come to the difficult decision to step away. Gator Nation and the Gainesville community have accepted me, my wife Sarah and our three daughters from the day we arrived. We will greatly miss all of the people that have made our experience and make this place so special.

"There are many people who I am forever grateful for, but I especially want to thank all of the players who I had the privilege to coach. I have no doubt that the program we built is poised for great success."

Kelly Rae Finley has been named interim head coach and will fill that role for the 2021-22 season, Athletic Director Scott Stricklin announced. Stricklin said UF plans to name a permanent women's basketball head coach following the 2021-22 season.

https://whoopdirt.com/newbauer-steps-down-as-florida-womens-basketball-head-coach/
fitzwatema
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, this really caught me off guard!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.