Chennedy Suspended

8,940 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bulldog73
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She is a pro now. It is time to let the childish behaviors go and well, be professional. I hope she figures it out and allows herself to reach her full potential.

https://apple.news/Ar9R0m6kMTLi738vjODGJyg

Quote:

The Atlanta Dream have suspended guard Chennedy Carter until further notice due to what the franchise said Monday was "conduct detrimental to the team."

The Dream lost 118-95 at Las Vegas on Sunday. Carter, 22, started but played just 5 minutes, 34 seconds, and then did not return. Coach Mike Petersen said afterward it was not because of an injury, but something the team was "dealing with," without giving details.

Petersen, who had been a Dream assistant, took over as head coach when Nicki Collen left in May to take over the Baylor women's basketball program.
aggieFann
I keep rooting for her but between this, her not getting along with the overseas team and having to come back early, and her constant injuries every year, it's not looking good right now. I hope one of the vets get with her and helps mentor.
aggiedrjdub
AG
This is probably why we lost Anriel if we're being honestwhy is it that the best players have such a chip on their shoulders?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Did argument with teammate cause the suspension? No comments from staff.

Since argument was during the game, it would appear this was cause.
Rudybryan
this was posted on WNBA website last night......under transactions

July 6, 2021
Minnesota Lynx: Natasha Mack Sign 7-Day 1st Contract
Atlanta Dream: Chennedy Carter Suspended Partial Season

wonder what partial season means
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

This is probably why we lost Anriel if we're being honestwhy is it that the best players have such a chip on their shoulders?
Chennedy was a vastly superior talent. Always assume the less capable players wear the chips and the envy.
aggiedrjdub
AG
oh i have no doubts of her ability; i have doubts about her ability to be a team player and i think she did a number on the team when we lost several starters that year. i wish her nothing but success, but it's hard to argue with what we are seeing happen now.
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

oh i have no doubts of her ability; i have doubts about her ability to be a team player and i think she did a number on the team when we lost several starters that year. i wish her nothing but success, but it's hard to argue with what we are seeing happen now.
You have zero proof of your speculation. We have proof that Lashes is at best the superior wrestler.
aggiedrjdub
AG
greg.w.h said:

aggiedrjdub said:

You have zero proof of your speculation. We have proof that Lashes is at best the superior wrestler.

You win - Agree to agree hahaha lol
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
First game for new coach! overreaction ?

Dream with a losing record.
greg.w.h
AG
Definitely between her and the club. Can't tell what is going on.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
new coach - o wins 4 defeats
team last game 1 for 13 3 point shots
no Chennedy yet - no news !
stoneca
She is indeed a special talent. However,one player will not win games. I always doubted her ability to be a team player, get everyone else involved in the game, and raise the game of her teammates while she was at A&M. This situation, unfortunately does not surprise me at all.

Ag1969
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
See losses without Chennedy!
BQ92
AG
Coach Lasso had to suspend the star player as well
greg.w.h
AG
Ha!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Dream coach out supposedly for illness! Didn't win a game !

tant new head coach
greg.w.h
AG
Players fired him.
aggieFann
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Dream coach out supposedly for illness! Didn't win a game !

tant new head coach

That's actually not true. Dream are 6-13 and he became the interim head coach right before the season started so they won six games under him. But I'm not surprised at this move. Their franchise has a lot going on right now.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
I was wrong about the coach.

How about not winning a game without Chennedy?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Dream vs Mercury at 5CST cbssn .

Will Chennedy play? Website show she is out due to injury.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
West Point Aggie
AG
Had she stayed this past season we are either FF or NCs
Let’s Go Brandon!
rugger74
AG
We were a much better TEAM without her, regardless of talent.
greg.w.h
AG
False. But we all have attempted to reach clarity on that and failed. So no reason to make the claim again.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Dream - 11 straight losses!
Still no word either way on Chennedy . Weird!
Gap
AG
Still no Chennedy in Atlanta as their season came to an end. Perhaps it is a good thing she didn't fit in there. A video of three members of the Atlanta Dream - Courtney Williams, Crystal Bradford, and Kalani Brown - involved in a brawl outside a food truck is making its may around the internet.

Perhaps the WNBA should market this team like the Detroit Pistons' Bad Boys teams of the late 80s and early 90s.

And no this is NOT Chennedy's Twitter account. Perhaps a fan of hers.

Quote:

Atlanta Dream guard Courtney Williams apologized Monday for a since-deleted YouTube video she posted over the weekend in which she joked about a fight she was involved in earlier this year in Atlanta.

Footage of the fight itself -- which circulated Sunday on social media showed multiple punches thrown near a food truck outside a club in the Atlanta area.

She filmed the 39-minute video with her girlfriend, Glamazontay, a YouTube personality who has more than 870,000 subscribers. The video was later deleted from the video-sharing platform.
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32340139/dream-courtney-williams-apologizes-posting-video-making-light-altercation-atlanta
Gap
AG
The Atlanta Dream have now cut the players involved. The organization is an absolute mess.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32346594/atlanta-dream-bring-back-courtney-williams-crystal-bradford-fight-agent-says

Quote:

The Atlanta Dream won't bring back Courtney Williams and Crystal Bradford after their involvement in a fight in May, according to the WNBA players' agent, Marcus Crenshaw. He also said, though, that the team knew about the fight when it happened and didn't discipline the players then.

Williams led Atlanta in scoring (16.5 PPG), rebounds (6.8) and assists (4.0) this season. Bradford averaged 8.8 points and 3.8 rebounds.

He said he thinks the Dream are letting them go because the organization is embarrassed by the incident coming to light now from footage of the fight -- which showed Williams, Bradford and others throwing multiple punches near a food truck outside an Atlanta-area club -- and a YouTube video Williams posted talking about the altercation, both of which circulated on social media Sunday.

"The team knew about the situation months ago," Crenshaw said on the Girls Talk Sports TV Instagram Live. "Right now, the team is trying to act like they have the morals, and [they're] making [the players] some sort of scapegoats by saying they got put off the Dream because of the altercation."

greg.w.h
AG
WNBA can't reach women if they behave like that. It's a real put off to their primary supporters.

Not our C-Will in case anyone was wondering…
jja79
AG
How does this league stay in business?
greg.w.h
AG
jja79 said:

How does this league stay in business?
Well…the three initials at the end of the name was how it got started…
jja79
AG
I get that. Without the subsidies it's not viable.
greg.w.h
AG
jja79 said:

I get that. Without the subsidies it's not viable.
We have no clue what the obligations from the NBA owners of WNBA teams to the WNBA teams are today. We have seen franchises like Houston go under and other franchise get sold like Detroit->Tulsa->Dallas/Arlington. If the women choose to attack the WNBA for equal wages the rest will go under.

The league is really an exhibition league. Most make their real money in international play. They can't in THAT window extend the season either direction.
jja79
AG
Whichever town the champs are from is in a fever pitch.

https://twitter.com/Misfraud/status/1450767953553670145?t=BhYGIJUj082QRTXdkiMz6g&s=19
CyberWCM
I tracked the announced attendance at the Dallas Wings games this year. Usually < 2,000.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
male chauvinists at work!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.