Nikki Fargas steps down

0 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...after 10 years as LSU's head coach.
fitzwatema
AG
I heard this was going to happen, someone mentioned she might be going to the WNBA.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Just saw the other post about this. Tried to delete this one so there aren't too many. Doesn't look like I can. Sorry.
BQ_90
AG
They gotta slew of title 9 problems going on, might not be best time to hire wbb coach. Or I hope
Gap
AG
The Baton Rouge paper makes it sound like a firing or she was asked to find another job. I'm guessing she is trying to land a job somewhere else, but it is awfully unusual to "step down" without having that job 100% lined up.

Quote:

Brought aboard 10 years ago to enhance LSU's reputation as a women's basketball powerhouse, Nikki Fargas was a rising star, an energetic young coach with a strong record and a championship pedigree.

Fargas' tenure at LSU was instead marked by mediocrity, as the Tigers all but disappeared from the national picture, beset by dozens of disappointing losses, shortcomings in recruiting and early player departures.

Fargas stepped down from her position as the head coach of LSU women's basketball this week, according to reports, with plans to pursue a career outside of coaching.

Attempts to reach Fargas were unsuccessful Thursday. LSU spokesperson Michael Bonnette declined to comment.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_e9524f3e-7c40-11eb-b43c-a765c48450cd.html
fitzwatema
AG
Interesting article. Can she coach defense???
Rudybryan
Heard she is going to WNBA Las Vegas Aces as President
aggiedrjdub
AG
Lol that would be a great combo. GB and Nikki
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.