Transfer Portal

9,801 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fitzwatema
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach Bond-White continues to knock it out of the park.
aggieFann
This is a good pickup. Based on her highlights, she can finish around the rim with either hand and has good length. Now I wonder who will replace Starkey since he was the coach that worked with the forwards and centers.
cs69ag
AG
Looks like a very good player. Just hope the chemistry is as good as it has been recently with the other transfers.

Don't hold your breath on GB changing his O...all the set plays, etc. He tried a little motion O a few years ago,
but did not stay with it long. He is set in his ways as many people are at his age. He knows he won a NC his way...of course the players were great as was the D.

He has now brought in a big guard at 5'9" and a big 4 player at 6'3''. Both look very good. Just need a very good 5 player and this team might be pretty good!
Wicked Good Ag
Blair phiolosopy is when you can push the ball immediately and see if something develops. If nothing then run a play based upon situation and personel. I honestly think that is why Morris doesnt get as many minutes. She is a great talent who can and does often try to take over the game while on the court. If she is on great but not in the game plan. You saw with Carter for the three years the players would stand around expecting her to make a play. They were much more involved this season as talented as she was she caused problems developing a team system. But you alter plans with generational talent
aggiedrjdub
AG
Our Achilles heal this year was our inability to score effectively in transition and off of forced turnovers. Tons and tons of missed layups and open shots. That is something that needs to be resolved. After watching film on the transfers we have coming in, I do believe that is what they are targeting.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Syracuse freshman center Kamilla Cardoso, defensive player of the year in the Atlantic Coast Conference and its top rookie, has joined 11 teammates and entered the NCAA transfer portal.

Cardoso, a 6-foot-7 center from Brazil, averaged 13.6 points, eight rebounds and 2.7 blocks in her first season at Syracuse. She was the highest-rated recruit in program history.

Uh. Hello?
Thymes
aggiedrjdub said:

Well, at least this makes us excited for what's to come. I'm wondering if GB's offensive playbook will change with the new talent coming in?
Can't resist an opportunity to slip a knife between Gary's ribs, can we?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh geeezuhs shut up. You're right. That's exactly what I did. You're ridiculous.
LawHall88
AG
fitzwatema
AG
LawHall88 said:

Interesting a 5'9" guard , missed most of last season with a shoulder injury that ended up requiring surgery. Was averaging 18 points a game at the time, 40% beyond the arc and a 90% free throw accuracy. Was a senior last year, so might be a grad transfer.
Gap
AG
fitzwatema said:

Interesting a 5'9" guard , missed most of last season with a shoulder injury that ended up requiring surgery. Was averaging 18 points a game at the time, 40% beyond the arc and a 90% free throw accuracy. Was a senior last year, so might be a grad transfer.
She committed to us about 2 weeks ago. This has a lot more information about her. Very nice pickup.

https://texags.com/forums/58/topics/3193637
fitzwatema
AG
Gap said:

fitzwatema said:

She committed to us about 2 weeks ago. This has a lot more information about her. Very nice pickup.

Wow, I must have had a brain fart! LOL! I remember seeing that and actually posting on that thread.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Lol - we have had another one
LawHall88
AG
fitzwatema said:

Gap said:

fitzwatema said:

Wow, I must have had a brain fart! LOL! I remember seeing that and actually posting on that thread.
Honestly, I missed it completely. My bad.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31366031/acc-freshman-year-kamilla-cardoso-transfers-south-carolina-syracuse

Dammit.
fitzwatema
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31366031/acc-freshman-year-kamilla-cardoso-transfers-south-carolina-syracuse

Dammit.

Well poop! The rich get richer!
Bucketrunner
Free agency pretty much killed interest in professional sports. The transfer portal is well on the way to doing it to college sports as well. I foresee a time when the best fun will be following a high school team.
aggiedrjdub
AG
How do you compete against 6'5 and 6'7? Geesh. Just need to pray our guards can shoot 65%+ bc there will be no going inside or out rebounding that.

It seems those programs that have coaches involved in USA basketball have a leg up on recruiting...first Tara, then Geno, then Dawn.

Bucketrunner
You don't. "Buying" a player off the portal becomes the contest.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Don't we have enough money to do that too? Lol! Ugh
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

How do you compete against 6'5 and 6'7? Geesh. Just need to pray our guards can shoot 65%+ bc there will be no going inside or out rebounding that.

It seems those programs that have coaches involved in USA basketball have a leg up on recruiting...first Tara, then Geno, then Dawn.

History lesson Griner was 6'5" and Karla beat her down for us to win and go to the final four that we won and went onto final and won our Natty in 2011

Here's another fact - Mulkey had the #1 player Griner and Sims at point for 4 years and could only win one Natty

Another fact quote from other post....Never forget Carter, known for her D, but our leading scorer
vs bu in Dallas sending us to the Final Four!

Rice has a player 6'7" in Post and we win

How do you compete -- use your skills !!!!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I don't disagree, but SC will be very good next year. There's no denying that. I hope we will be too.

Also, we do have a 6'6 freshman. Let's hope she's up to the task!

Speaking of Rice and Mulkey - does anyone know where she landed?
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

I don't disagree, but SC will be very good next year. There's no denying that. I hope we will be too.

Also, we do have a 6'6 freshman. Let's hope she's up to the task!

Speaking of Rice and Mulkey - does anyone know where she landed?
Transfer portal doesn't show her being picked up yet!
cs69ag
AG
Our 6'6" fish was a 3 star. Not heavily recruited. Thought of as a project to develop.
Think she is athletic, can run the floor and likely block some shots. Can she play D? Can she shoot
and score other than maybe put backs? We will see if there has been any development/We do not have a good
record with players this size contributing much. She barely played this past year.
aggiedrjdub
AG
https://instagr.am/p/COYvR39ng00

Pitts is back!
cs69ag
AG
Next year's team shaping up nicely. Need a good coach or two and a good 5 position player.
1-4 positions looks good with some depth!
Kbeauty63
AG
Anna landed in Rhode Island per Twitter
fitzwatema
AG
Yes, glad she is back for another year!
mvegas
Nancy Mulkey has committed to the Washington Huskies - following the Rice coach there.
aggiedrjdub
AG
It seems like Anna and Ella both landed on teams that they will have major impacts for next season. Happy for them!

Does anyone have a link to the transfer portal? Is there a specific date that athletes have to have declared to transfer? I see a link for the men's transfers but not for the women. Is there one? Thanks!
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

It seems like Anna and Ella both landed on teams that they will have major impacts for next season. Happy for them!

Does anyone have a link to the transfer portal? Is there a specific date that athletes have to have declared to transfer? I see a link for the men's transfers but not for the women. Is there one? Thanks!
https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2020-summer-2021/
Rudybryan
Mulkey has finally started tapping into Baylor

BATON ROUGE Hannah Gusters, a McDonald's All-America and the No. 2 rated center in high school basketball in 2020, has signed with the LSU women's basketball program, head coach Kim Mulkey announced on Saturday.

Gusters, who transfers to LSU after spending one season at Baylor, will have four years of eligibility remaining and will be immediately eligible for the Tigers. In her one season at Baylor, the
6-foot-5 Gusters was part of a rotation at the post position that included two other All-Americans.

https://lsusports.net/news/2021/5/1/womens-basketball-mulkeys-first-lsu-signee-is-one-of-nations-top-post-players.aspx
fitzwatema
AG
Rudybryan said:

Mulkey has finally started tapping into Baylor

BATON ROUGE Hannah Gusters, a McDonald's All-America and the No. 2 rated center in high school basketball in 2020, has signed with the LSU women's basketball program, head coach Kim Mulkey announced on Saturday.

Gusters, who transfers to LSU after spending one season at Baylor, will have four years of eligibility remaining and will be immediately eligible for the Tigers. In her one season at Baylor, the
6-foot-5 Gusters was part of a rotation at the post position that included two other All-Americans.

https://lsusports.net/news/2021/5/1/womens-basketball-mulkeys-first-lsu-signee-is-one-of-nations-top-post-players.aspx

Unfortunately, figured that was coming sooner or later. Now it will probably be how many players will be left at Baylor when she gets done poaching.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.