Transfer Portal

9,909 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fitzwatema
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anne Dreimane and Ella Tofaeono both have entered portal

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2020-summer-2021/22/
Kbeauty63
AG
Rudybryan said:

Anne Dreimane and Ella Tofaeono both have entered portal

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-fall-2020-summer-2021/22/
this makes me so sad losing Ella AND Anna!
aggiedrjdub
AG
whyyyyyyyy??? that's crazy! i realize they are grad transfers, but both effectively have 2 years of eligibility remaining. loved ella's hustle. really thought both could have received lots of playing time this coming season. this really does make me question what is going on inside the post and 4 and 5 positions. we will never know the answer to this, but i am convinced something happened after the regular season. we were not the same team after south carolina.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
I see that Alexus Dye is in the portal. She's the forward from Troy that dropped 26 on us in the tournament. Interesting
Gap
AG
I would have liked for Anna to come back. I thought she had a shot at helping us. I appreciated Ella's hustle, but I don't think she was going to help us be successful. She was pretty overmatched when we got into SEC play.

I thought most agreed that we would be in the market for someone to come in and start right away in the front court.
Cedar09
Damn Ella is leaving!
panhandlefarmer
AG

Kbeauty63
AG
panhandlefarmer said:

BOO! However I saw Tech is losing a TON of players to transfer (including Jada Walton - former Aggie).
fitzwatema
AG
So be it, I liked her but don't think she was going to get a lot of playing time next year.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Transfer Alexus Dye from Troy commits to Lady Vols. Well. That's a bummer.
trackaggie76
AG
Wonder if any of this is related to Starkey leaving?
aggiedrjdub
AG
I have to be honest, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of our teammates enter the transfer portal. I think we have 3 good guards that would be starting on most Div1 rosters. I think Ella and Ana just wanted more playing time and realized they probably weren't going to get that here. We have 6'6 inch freshman that is supposed to be great.
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I have to be honest, I'm surprised we haven't seen more of our teammates enter the transfer portal. I think we have 3 good guards that would be starting on most Div1 rosters. I think Ella and Ana just wanted more playing time and realized they probably weren't going to get that here. We have 6'6 inch freshman that is supposed to be great.
Anna got highlighted in a couple of games where Ciera either had foul trouble or needed a rest. She's a lot of fun to watch and I'm very happy for her wherever she ends up playing!
BQ_90
AG
trackaggie76 said:

She wasn't going to start next year. If it was about starkey she'd gone to Auburn
cs69ag
AG
We may have someone with size and athletic abilty and the potential to be great,
but so far there has been no demonstration of being great that I am aware of.

IMO we have not lost anyone other than our seniors that would help us win a championship.
The St. John's incoming trnsf looks like she will be a major contributor to winning,

The two keys to me for next year is a new coach that can coach sound D and a 5 player who can run the court, jump off the floor, catch an entry pass and make a lay up. Would be nice to have a few moves on O to score without walking or always having to put the ball on the floor. A coach who can coach a big would be great!
Kbeauty63
AG
BQ_90 said:

trackaggie76 said:

She wasn't going to start next year. If it was about starkey she'd gone to Ole Miss
you mean Auburn?
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

And to be honest - Anna has finished her schooling (Bachelor's AND Master's) I don't know what else she could do here - another Master's?
BQ_90
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

BQ_90 said:

trackaggie76 said:

She wasn't going to start next year. If it was about starkey she'd gone to Ole Miss
you mean Auburn?
Yes corrected
aggiedrjdub
AG
Good point. Idk.

So are we thinking we will be good 1-3 and need help at the 4 and 5? Can Pitts play 4 or is she too small?
fitzwatema
AG
cs69ag said:

We may have someone with size and athletic abilty and the potential to be great,
but so far there has been no demonstration of being great that I am aware of.

IMO we have not lost anyone other than our seniors that would help us win a championship.
The St. John's incoming trnsf looks like she will be a major contributor to winning,

The two keys to me for next year is a new coach that can coach sound D and a 5 player who can run the court, jump off the floor, catch an entry pass and make a lay up. Would be nice to have a few moves on O to score without walking or always having to put the ball on the floor. A coach who can coach a big would be great!
I totally agree with this assessment
LawHall88
LawHall88
AG
Wicked Good Ag
I think people are forgetting about the freshamn class we had this season. They didnt get much playing time but are talented and have some size. Anna goes to Oral Roberts perhaps ?
Gap
AG
Welcome to Aaliyah Patty!

Instagram version where she posted her announcement:

https://instagr.am/p/CN_QtePgNHT

Started at Ohio St. last year. Originally from Chicago area.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Boom! Nice pickup! Aaliyah's tend to do well here. Welcome!
taylorswift13
AG
She seems to be an addition in the 4 spot, averaged over 11 points and over 5 rebounds and led her team in blocks at a height of 6'3! Also shot 37.8 from three! Now let's go get us a game changing center Coach Blair!
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_D1x-1gGE4/?igshid=5qrd1ysvqum9 here's a small highlight mixtape she posted on her Instagram!! I love the pick up
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh damn!!! She reminds me of NDEA but taller! She's a starter for sure. Great pick up GB!
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
Agreed! She's a taller, quicker N'dea
fitzwatema
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Oh damn!!! She reminds me of NDEA but taller! She's a starter for sure. Great pick up GB!

Now if she just has the mental toughness for rebounding that N'Dea had, we are set! I like this addition!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yes - for sure - that is to be determined, but that video posted above has me excited. Her offensive moves and ability to get to the basket are impressive. Her shooting technique is solid, she makes layups, and defensively she is stout! WHOOP! Can you imagine us having a 6'3 4 and a 6'6 5? What the what? When we need a smaller lineup, she can move to the 5. I'm exciting to see what comes of this. Of course we've got quite some time before we see them on the court again, but GB, the old dog still has a few tricks left up his sleeves.

Also, we seem to be dialed in to recruiting up north now...lots of talent in texas and surrounding states, but to continue pulling this level of talent from Chicago, New York etc, is great news.
greg.w.h
AG
Keep in mind players choose their best efforts for hype videos. But I continue to be impressed by Blair's recent transfers. We also need to remember they did not use the extra group of men to practice with the women's team this year so Blair needs the longer bench to support practice, too. I think that gives him more evaluation time and could lead to slightly deeper rotations going forward. Playing time in games really helps with evaluation that starts in practice and especially is a good measure of that toughness, as well as mental processing, aspect. Some playing time really helps in the next coaching/evaluation round since there is "film" that can be reviewed leading into practice.
Rudybryan
aggiedrjdub said:

Yes - for sure - that is to be determined, but that video posted above has me excited. Her offensive moves and ability to get to the basket are impressive. Her shooting technique is solid, she makes layups, and defensively she is stout! WHOOP! Can you imagine us having a 6'3 4 and a 6'6 5? What the what? When we need a smaller lineup, she can move to the 5. I'm exciting to see what comes of this. Of course we've got quite some time before we see them on the court again, but GB, the old dog still has a few tricks left up his sleeves.

Also, we seem to be dialed in to recruiting up north now...lots of talent in texas and surrounding states, but to continue pulling this level of talent from Chicago, New York etc, is great news.
Remember Chicago area is Kelly-Bond's home turf........Maliyah Johnson and Kay Kay Green on our roster are both from Chicago.......Hillsman was from Chicago........we have dipped in that well alot
Kbeauty63
AG
Rudybryan said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Remember Chicago area is Kelly-Bond's home turf........Maliyah Johnson and Kay Kay Green on our roster are both from Chicago.......Hillsman was from Chicago........we have dipped in that well alot

I think Jasmine Lumpkin was originally from the Chicago area as well
aggiedrjdub
AG
Well, at least this makes us excited for what's to come. I'm wondering if GB's offensive playbook will change with the new talent coming in?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.