Gary lands his first transfer of the offseason

3,451 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
JimbosNattyTrophy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
St. Johns guard Qudashah Hoppie just committed to A&M. She's a 5'9" guard who looks like she averaged about 20 ppg for St. John's this past season!

I like the pickup but I'm curious about what he's gonna do in the post.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Yeah - that's a curious pickup to me. We are 3 deep at the PG position already. Interesting.

Also looks like she just had shoulder surgery.
Gap
AG
Stout player. Great addition. 2nd team all-Big East as a junior averaging 15.4 ppg. Averaged 18.0 ppg as a senior. Looks to be the player asked to knock down 3's for her team too. 40% as a senior.

Another NYC guard to go along with Jordan Nixon. Same high school graduating year. There has to be a connection.

And Qadashah appears to be more of a 2 or combo guard than a point. Looking at St. John's full 2019-20 season, she was their leading scorer but 3rd in assists.

Also, of note, she was elected as captain of St. John's team last year.

A profile done by St/ John's on her:
Gap
AG
And let me say it again before the narrative is set.

Looking at the stats, she did not play PG at St. John's.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
Thanks for the info!! Excited to see how the staff uses her, will be a nice addition to the starting lineup if Pitts decides to depart.

Nixon, Hoppie, and Kayla would be a stellar starting group.

And I know there's talk about Morris going to point pushing Nixon back to the 2, but I just don't see that happening.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Do we think Pitts is going somewhere?
Gap
AG
Here is how her season ended a few months ago:

Gap
AG
HoovAustin said:

St. Johns guard Qudashah Hoppie just committed to A&M. She's a 5'9" guard who looks like she averaged about 20 ppg for St. John's this past season!

I like the pickup but I'm curious about what he's gonna do in the post.
Where/how did you find out about the transfer?
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CNndgwjAMNA
mvegas
I can't find the Instagram post now, but earlier today I saw that Mulkey from Rice had entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. No idea if the Aggies would be a fit, but she would be an interesting add to the team given its needs.
Gap
AG
fitzwatema
AG
mvegas said:

I can't find the Instagram post now, but earlier today I saw that Mulkey from Rice had entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. No idea if the Aggies would be a fit, but she would be an interesting add to the team given its needs.
She would be a great pick up, if Gary is looking for a true center.
trackaggie76
AG
Would be odd to see Mulkey in an Aggie uni but she is a shot blocking machine and, for someone as tall as she is, can move really well!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I would be shocked to see that as well. But would welcome a true center into the fray
taylorswift13
AG
I think this means Wells could possibly slide to the 3! A Nixon and Hoppie NYC backcourt would so fun to see! Just got to find the big girls down low! But with the way the portal is now, I know Blair will find some people!
Reno Hightower
Would be great to have Mulkey, but no way she fits in Blair's program.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Would be nice to try. You can't coach 6'9 and she's been the defensive player of the year 3 years running in her conference.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.