Get Vic like UT got Chris Beard

4,373 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
fitzwatema
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are correct that a year by year does no good especially on the recruiting and development side of things. I'm just not sure I would give him a 5 year extension because of his age. Could he get a 3 year extension and then look at where the program is or isn't? Not sure just thinking out loud!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think the game has evolved and GBs coaching style may not be as current as others. He seems to need a lot of senior leadership to be effective in his style of play. Years ago when we had both Courtney's and started mostly freshman, I had so much hope that they would have been developed into a championship level team. That just didn't happen. This year we had 4 graduates/seniors on the roster which resulted in a great year, but another somewhat disappointing finish. But, again, this begs the question - do we continue down the path of rewarding consistent good effort, or do we push to become great perennial F4/NC contender? That would be a great question to ask Ross. What is your mission for each varsity level program at A&M. If it's not the same goal for all, then why not?
aggiedrjdub
AG
Rutgers just gave 73 year old Stringer a 5 year extension worth $5.5m
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.