Next Year's Team

3,006 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could see Nixon at the 2 with Kayla at the 3. M. Green or Morris at the point.
No idea re the 4 qnd 5....we will be very inexperienced there. Maybe Pitts will
return?

Would not be urprised at all if GB decides to retire. No idea who we would hire.

AD may be busy if changes to be made in the two diamond sports.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I know. It will be interesting to see what happens! The latest interview makes it seem like Gary is staying though. He has been quoted as saying he will have to be dragged out.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
If Destiny decides to return with Kayla, that would probably keep Nixon at the 1. Gary it's probably gonna hit the portal hard for a couple bigs. There's quite a bit of options out there.
Wicked Good Ag
We will probably look for two transfers

One to fill a big body role and one that is athletic 5-9 to 6-0 type like Wilson. We have potential speed at the point or controlled at the point depending on who plays the one at any given time. And we have some talented freshman that sat behind upperclassmen that were talented as well. Blair has always had a short bench so some of the talent might surprise people. One or two can breakout and get a big body along with Malone and we should be good
aggiedrjdub
AG
What about Ella? I thought Anna had a great chance to play a lot of minutes if she had stayed. But we have a 6'6 freshman waiting in the wings also.
Wicked Good Ag
Ella and Anna are good role players good for certain things and can help with minutes if needed either do to foul trouble and or to spell a starter at convenient times like before media timeouts or with a few seconds before a period ends.
Anna not offensive enough and Ella not defensive enough to be a full time major minute player IMO. I like them both more in situational situations and I think they excelled in those times this past season.
Chapa96
AG
Should go after this player from Ohio St. Will solve our #5 position.

OSU Transfer
aggiedrjdub
AG
That would be a good get. Would be nice to get a super athletic 6'8" girl hahaha.

Still no word about Pitts or Z Green? Do we know if any of our teammates are entering the portal?
fitzwatema
AG
She would be a great addition to the team!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Celeste Taylor - tu - entered the transfer portal
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
Zaay Green is a junior so I don't think we should be expecting to hear anything
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm just wondering if she's going to transfer again.

Just noticed that both teams playing in the finals don't have a center on the floor. It's all forwards and guards.
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
I hear you. I think she'll stick it out because I like her chances to get a lot of minutes next year, especially if we go with a smaller lineup pushing Kayla to the 4.
czar_iv
AG
HoovAustin said:

If Destiny decides to return with Kayla, that would probably keep Nixon at the 1. Gary it's probably gonna hit the portal hard for a couple bigs. There's quite a bit of options out there.
I am a big Destiny Pitts fan, so I so hope she returns.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
czar_iv
AG
HoovAustin said:

I hear you. I think she'll stick it out because I like her chances to get a lot of minutes next year, especially if we go with a smaller lineup pushing Kayla to the 4.
I don't think Kayla can play the 4; she doesn't seem to be physical enough for that. I like Kayla as a big 2 over a small 4.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
JimbosNattyTrophy
AG
czar_iv said:

HoovAustin said:

I don't think Kayla can play the 4; she doesn't seem to be physical enough for that. I like Kayla as a big 2 over a small 4.
Me too but if he wanted to go small, she could play "4" but it would be a small lineup with four guards.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think Kayla is extremely physical. Have you seen how she runs over people making moves to the basket? But, she's a shooter and seems to excel driving to the basket. Putting her at the 4 in a rebounding / clean up position might not be her cup of tea. Now - in a 4 guard lineup maybe? I think we have a lot of talent waiting in the wings so it will be interesting to see who gets the nod!
aggieFann
If she were to play the 4 she would definitely have to increase her rebounding and watch how she extends her hands or dips her shoulder when driving or making moves so they won't always call offensive fouls.
aggiedrjdub
AG
yepper - she is a shoulder dipper for sure. but i do love her aggression. N'Dea had those sweet moves around the basket that she developed over the last 2 years. wish the season could start again soon. really interested to see what happens with the team.

box65
AG
Anyone know if any of our seniors are coming back for a super-senior season?? Pretty sure that I saw Jones is going to the WNBA draft
aggiedrjdub
AG
box65 said:

Anyone know if any of our seniors are coming back for a super-senior season?? Pretty sure that I saw Jones is going to the WNBA draft

Lots of that has been posted in the forum. N'Dea, Ciera, and Ailiyah declared for the WNBA draft. Anna is in the transfer portal unfortunately. Kayla has decided to come back for another year.

Looks like lots of teams are adding transfers from the portal. Will be interested to see what A&M coaches go after.
box65
AG
Yes, my bad. Should have read further. Too bad to see Anna go because she seemed to be getting better from the prior year. Any hints from Pitts?
aggiedrjdub
AG
She was just a junior so she can stay 2 more years if she wants. I'm assuming she will sTay.

Just saw UConn is losing Anna Makurat to the transfer portal. She would be a great addition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.