Story Poster
Photo by @NCAAWBB, Twitter
Texas A&M Women's Basketball

WATCH: Jordan Nixon's buzzer-beater sends A&M to Sweet 16

March 24, 2021

Texas A&M was on the verge of defeat.

Gary Blair’s squad had only lost two games all season and was staring down a third, season-ending loss at the Alamodome in their Round of 32 matchup with the Iowa State Cyclones.

Then all hell broke loose.

The Aggies stormed back to close regulation, tying the game at 75. The clocks weren't working, the refs made some questionable calls, and one Iowa State fan completely lost his mind.

After the officials finally got the clock situation figured, the Aggie defense held strong and sent the game to overtime.

Enter Jordan Nixon.

The Aggie sophomore finished with a career-high THIRTY-FIVE points, but it’s the last two that will live on in Texas A&M lore.

Postgame, Nixon was emotional. Crediting her heroic feat to the Spirit of the 12th Man.

The victory sends Gary Blair & Co. to the Sweet 16 for the third-straight tournament as Texas A&M continues their run to re-create history as this season marks the tenth anniversary of the last time the Aggies won it all on the hardwood.

Years that end in “-1”, amirite?

Discussion from...

WATCH: Jordan Nixon's buzzer-beater sends A&M to Sweet 16

21,740 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fieldtrailer
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WHOOP!!!
bdp514am
That post game interview was one for the ages.
SanDiegoAg12
AG
Any videos of the out of bounds call? I swore I saw the ball change direction from contact but I was watching on my phone
Papa Joe
AG
Incredible comeback, never quit and kept playing until the last second!
These young ladies are winners and will remember this game for a long, long time
Congratulations and on the Sweet 16!
Gig 'em!
91AggieLawyer
AG
The 2 ISU players are going to regret lagging back and not hustling. That film of the last drive and shot is going to be brutal to watch.
alanbynum
AG
I just love watching Jordan Nixon's last second score replayed over and over. Way to go Jordan! I believe these young ladies have the right stuff to win a national championship.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Love this athlete!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
GrayMatter
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

The 2 ISU players are going to regret lagging back and not hustling. That film of the last drive and shot is going to be brutal to watch.
That goes to show Nixon's resolve. She knew what she wanted to do when she got the deflection and drove the entire court with a little over 7 seconds. She had two open teammates but took it to the hole which is what you're supposed to do.

She just wanted it more; that's why Nixon is a winner.
All I do is Nguyen
A LOT of haters are giving this game to the refs. Refs made bad calls both ways people.
No matter what
greg.w.h
AG
Their game plan of using first the zone and then the junk face-guarding defense coupled with accurate, volume threes came very close to winning. We had to ramp up our defense and screen. Very close game but little doubt tye more complete team win over the gimmick-fest.

The officiating was loose and every basketball official knows when you don't call it tight at first you lose control of the game. They let the teams play then called tighter late and it causes a lot of emotional frustration. Also much easier to Blake the officials when that happens.

I was amused by a crisp over and back call at one point during the game. They weren't going to be accused of THAT. Also there was a lot of over-gesturing on calls. Sometimes that's the way the red team rolls but sometimes it's a response to disagreement from teams and benches. I'd bet it was the latter...
94chem
Fatal mistake the last defender made by getting crossed-over and then reaching. She could have easily forced her left and into a much tougher shot.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fieldtrailer
AG
I thought the entire game and Carter's shot against DePaul was better, but this is right up there. Great job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.