Ags ranked #2 by AP week of 03/01/21

2,065 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BQ_90
aggieFann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-womens-college-basketball-poll

This is our highest rating in school history!

https://twitter.com/AggieWBB/status/1366448614428573697?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
cs69ag
AG
Based on this ranking, we have beaten nos. 7, 13. 14, 16,17. and 25
so.6-0, 7-0 counting Arky x2
whoop
aggieFann
TexAg15
AG
I know it hardly matters, there's 4 one seeds. But, what has UConn done this year thag show's they're better? Not lose to LSU?
aggieFann
cs69ag said:

Based on this ranking, we have beaten nos. 7, 13. 14, 16,17. and 25
so.6-0, 7-0 counting Arky x2
whoop

Yes I'm surprised to see SC fall two spots after losing to an higher ranked team and KY moved up two spots after losing to an untangled Ole Miss
Either way, the SEC is tough with six teams in the top 17
aggieFann
TexAg15 said:

I know it hardly matters, there's 4 one seeds. But, what has UConn done this year thag show's they're better? Not lose to LSU?

Yeah that would be my only guess as they lost to a ranked Arkansas team on the road and we lost to an unranked LSU team.
BQ_90
AG
TexAg15 said:

hey have beat ranked Tenn, South Carolina, DePaul. Only loss to ranked Arky.

Honestly the SEC needs to stop playing them. Outside of DePaul they don't play anyone in conference or OOC that's any good except the SEC.

Also shocked of how easy Baylor has it in conference play now. WTF happened to OU WBB?
DrQuincy
AG
How do you hush the naysayers? Just win.
greg.w.h
AG
I had to go look where they were in conference when they announced Baylor's 11th straight regular season title.

Still Sherri Coale...
aggiedrjdub
AG
good stuff; only thing we can control is our effort on the court. ......and we will rise! Gig'em!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
West Point Aggie
AG
This is our highest ranking during the season. In 2011 we finished #1 (the one that mattered most that season)
Let’s Go Brandon!
Potcake
AG
We were in Indy for that. One of my top sports memories ever.
sharpdressedman
Wow. Respect.
gr8n8
AG
The AP conducts polls weekly through the end of the regular season and conference play. So we were never #1 with them. Just 8th.
The Coaches Poll did have us as #1, though.
West Point Aggie
AG
gr8n8 said:

The AP conducts polls weekly through the end of the regular season and conference play. So we were never #1 with them. Just 8th.
The Coaches Poll did have us as #1, though.

After winning the natty in 2011 we were #1...the only poll that mattered that season...national champs = #1 (we were that)
Let’s Go Brandon!
Divining Rod
yes, the post above yours was a bit misleading. We've Never been ranked this high during the regular season in ANY poll.

in 2011, Coaches and AP both had us 8th heading into tournament.
sleepybeagle
aggiedrjdub
AG
#2 AP and #2 Coaches poll

And in other news, Charlie Creme predicts SC will win the SEC tournament just because. In all honesty, it's not a bad prediction, but I don't believe we will be cowering to anyone moving forward. The SC game was so physical it makes you wonder how hard they can go at each other again on Sunday if we are both fortunate enough to make it to the final.
BQ_90
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

#2 AP and #2 Coaches poll

And in other news, Charlie Creme predicts SC will win the SEC tournament just because. In all honesty, it's not a bad prediction, but I don't believe we will be cowering to anyone moving forward. The SC game was so physical it makes you wonder how hard they can go at each other again on Sunday if we are both fortunate enough to make it to the final.
Gary even mentioned it in his radio show that its hard to win the regular season then go on and win the conference tourney. Not to mention they'll have some what of home court or at least they'll have advantage of more fans with games in Greenville.
cs69ag
AG
Coaches always spin the season vs the tournament to whichever best suits their results that particular year..
You hear at times that the tournament is a better test etc. We have done better in conf tournaments overall than season champions, and I have heard GB make the case for the tournament championship most years.
aggiedrjdub
AG
cs69ag said:

Coaches always spin the season vs the tournament to whichever best suits their results that particular year..
You hear at times that the tournament is a better test etc. We have done better in conf tournaments overall than season champions, and I have heard GB make the case for the tournament championship most years.

This is very true. The only way to shut up the doubters is to win it all.
BQ_90
AG
cs69ag said:

I think if you don't win the regular season, the conference tourney is a way to refocus the team on another goal to win a "title". If not for a team that is in the tourney the team might not be focused and not put forth as much effort.

but yea its all coach speak or spin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.