NET

832 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
hsvag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see that A&M has clawed all the way up to 13 in the NET rankings (doesn't include yesterday's win). As all the other polls seem to be closer to reality (A&M #3 and a 1 seed), does anyone have any idea how the tournament selection committee will use the much-ballyhooed NET in its seeding process? (One can assume they sort of already did this with their "reveal" although official seedings won't be for two weeks). Perhaps more to the point, does anyone know why the algorithms created such a disparity in A&M's case and: whether this will lead to algorithm tweaks, and/or devalue and discontinue NET use?

aggieFann
From what I've gathered, the Net* is a tool the committee uses to assist with rankings and seedings. However, the committee makes final determinations. Coach Blair stated that the Net* would have to be tweaked after this year since it wasn't designed for this type of year with the Covid situation. I also think that since this was the first year using it, that it was going to be tweaked anyways after gathering feedback about its implementation.
aggiedrjdub
AG
In his most recent interview, Gary Blair said that the net ranking doesn't work for a season like this (with all the cancellations and having to bring teams in to play, etc). He said next year it will work assuming we are back to normal at full travel capacity and not preventing teams from playing bc of contact tracing. I think we have seen that the committee finally respects A&M's body of work. Let's finish this SEC tournament strong!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
BQ_90
AG
NET is crap this year, not doubt about it.
greg.w.h
AG
To the selection committee's and pollsters' credit: we aren't getting the treatment out foitball team got...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.