SEC Tournament Bracket

1,780 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedrjdub
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll post graphically when I find it.

Here are the matchups:

Wednesday, March 3
#12 Florida vs #13 Auburn

Thursday, March 4
#8 LSU vs #9 Mississippi St.
#5 Kentucky vs 12/13 winner
#7 Alabama vs #10 Missouri
#6 Arkansas vs #11 Ole Miss

Friday, March 5
#1 Texas A&M vs 8/9 winner (11 am ET / 10 am CT on SEC Network)
#4 Georgia vs 5/12/13 winner
#2 South Carolina vs 7/10 winner
#3 Tennessee vs 6/11 winner

Saturday, March 6
semifinals

Sunday, March 7
finals

As the 1 seed, the teams on our side of the bracket are the 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, and 13.
All other seeds (2, 3, 6, 7, 10, and 11) are on the other side of the bracket and we would not face until the finals.
Gap
AG
Graphically:

aggiedrjdub
AG
Thank you!!!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Let's win this thing!!!
BQ_90
AG
I like our side of the bracket, hope MSU beats LSU though.

glad we avoid UT, SC, Ark until the end in theory.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Question: assuming we are able to move forward in the SEC tournament each day, how hard is it to play/win 3 games 3 days in a row? And I'm speaking more to the physicality of the games. How do we prevent getting beat up and injured with the NCAA looming.
cs69ag
AG
Our depth should help over the 3 days! Have to stay with A game or you lose momentum going into the NCAA.
Injuries are always a risk. If any player banged up some, don't play them much or at all in the SEC tournament.
BQ_90
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Question: assuming we are able to move forward in the SEC tournament each day, how hard is it to play/win 3 games 3 days in a row? And I'm speaking more to the physicality of the games. How do we prevent getting beat up and injured with the NCAA looming.
Well the NCAA doesn't start until March 21st, so we'll get couple weeks rest before it starts.

Again that's why I like our side of the bracket, IMO we avoid the most physical teams until the potential finals. Unless we play LSU.
aggiedrjdub
AG
BQ_90 said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Well the NCAA doesn't start until March 21st, so we'll get couple weeks rest before it starts.

Again that's why I like our side of the bracket, IMO we avoid the most physical teams until the potential finals. Unless we play LSU.
Ugh - LSU, don't remind me. They compete so well against us! But, MissState and LSU are fighting for their lives to have a chance in the NCAA tournament. I can't remember - Is MissState in for sure? I know LSU is fighting to be considered. They will throw the kitchen sink at us if they have to.
BQ_90
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

BQ_90 said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Ugh - LSU, don't remind me. They compete so well against us! But, MissState and LSU are fighting for their lives to have a chance in the NCAA tournament. I can't remember - Is MissState in for sure? I know LSU is fighting to be considered. They will throw the kitchen sink at us if they have to.
Well LSU isn't physical as much as they are grinders. It's a different style. But we seem to struggle with them.

I'm not sure if either of them or in or out. But I'd bet the loser of that game might be out looking in. And of course both of them would get huge bounce if they knocked off top 3 team.
Gap
AG
Playing your depth more seems like a great strategy if you end up playing 3 straight days, but it definitely involves a greater risk of losing before you get to day 3. The teams you are playing will be playing all out with no restrictions trying to get an ultimate quality win that could get them in the tourney or increase their seed.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Gap said:

Playing your depth more seems like a great strategy if you end up playing 3 straight days, but it definitely involves a greater risk of losing before you get to day 3. The teams you are playing will be playing all out with no restrictions trying to get an ultimate quality win that could get them in the tourney or increase their seed.

Very true. It's hard to imagine winning the SEC tournament also. How exciting would that be for this team?!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.