South Carolina and National Anthem

1,370 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by strbrst777
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unfortunate story out of South Carolina.

And I'm glad we elected not to bring politics into our pre-game. What our players do on their private time is their business and not part of our gameday. I'm glad we didn't mix the two. The pre-game isn't the place to air grievances.

Lets solve problems together not poke each other in the eye.

Quote:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Ten players for No. 1 South Carolina remained seated during the national anthem before their season-opening 119-38 win over College of Charleston on Wednesday.

Only junior forward Elysa Wesolek stood during the anthem. Coach Dawn Staley and her staff also stood.

The team tweeted a statement saying many of them did not stand "to shine a light on the need for racial equality, social justice and ending systemic racism in our country."
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30387544/ten-south-carolina-players-sit-national-anthem-opener
Fishing Fools
Bad parenting. Kids attitude are an extension of their parents. Going thru life angry and playing the blame game isn't healthy. Hope they grow up soon.
alamoaggie64
AG
Ours would have been just as bad if the school and/or athletic department did not make the decision they did.
alamoaggie64
rugger74
AG
Racism in some form will always exist, not whites against POC, But POC against other POC because of differing cultures. My hope is the largest percent of all people may hold certain biases but do not practice what we now call racism.
strbrst777
Simple solution. Not on "company" time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.