SEC Rule Change/ Team in Locker Room for National Anthem

1,330 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by coloradoag69
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was announced yesterday and is a change in policy,
I figure it is optional but do not know.
No idea how we plan to handle it at TAMU.
Guess we will find out today.
jja79
AG
Sounds like they're going to be in the locker room.
Rudybryan
Whether they keep them in locker room or not I know what their feelings are....
Bucketrunner
Yep. They've published "their stand." We know how they feel about us.
BQ_90
AG
SEC said schools can decide, so if we aren't on the court then that is a&m decision
Wicked Good Ag
Anthem was played at 10 mins prior to game time. All players and officials were off the court at that time
gigum
AG
A wise decision
Houstonag
AG
They can all go home as far as I am concerned. If an athlete on a scholarship funded by me, and other Ags, do not like our country, its flag, or the anthem then they do not have my support. Our nation has a long history of supporting freedom and if a person feels like they have been damaged or harmed then take it up with the courts. It is hypocritical to take all that has been given, and because a particular cause like black lives matter, which is based on a lie, wants all to bow to that program; well, it will never happen.

We must deal with the TRUTH. Not a want, a desire, etc. The harm must be real, accurate.

For example the use of recreational drugs and the appetite for it by many in the US is unacceptable to me when it destroys so many lives and enriches others. It is real murder that is orchestrated by many in the US and of course other countries. For some reason that is laughed at and tolerated.
sharpdressedman
SEC strategy for damage control.
coloradoag69
AG
Seems to me when I was in school the National Anthem and Spirit were played right after the teams left the court before they returned for introductions prior to the game, so the players weren't on the court. But that was over 50 years ago.

As far as I'm concerned, removing that potential area of controversy is fine. I was in the service for 7 years during Vietnam, although I want to be very clear that I was never overseas. My family served in every war from WWI through Vietnam. Several of them were career men. I stand and sing the National Anthem every time it's played in my presence.

However, I also believe kneeling is an act of subservience, not defiance. And I realize that no one has systematically discriminated against me or my family for generations. So I am willing to grant those who do kneel good intentions, and without knowing their minds, believe that they are sincerely expressing their desire for a needed change in our society.

I am also very tired of people apparently looking for the worst in each of us and jumping at reasons for division when I believe most of us want the best for all of us. This SEC decision is great, IMO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.