NCAA to Allow Social Justice Statements on Uniform

1,871 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dlbarnes76
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NCAA to allow student-athletes to wear social justice statements on uniforms. The NCAA announced Thursday it will allow student-athletes in all sports to wear social justice statements on their uniforms. ... The names or words on the back of the uniform can vary by player. Both must be approved by the school or conference.

We come to watch sports to get away from the BS of the world - now we are faced
with walking bulletin boards....

I love basketball and have had season tickets since Rollie but
with all that I hear our first game will probably be my last and I may not last longer
than the intro......as a veteran and a proud American I will draw the line in the sand

cs69ag
AG
Agree with you Rudy. A smart friend of mine who is my senior and a bb season ticket holder too
thinks this will just last a year. These kids get in to a copy cat and heard mentality for awhile.

If anything, there should be a huge American Flag on the uniforms with " Home of the Free because of the Brave"

It sickens me to see half our teams not honor our Flag pregame. Ok for the ones from another country.

So far, I have not noticed any protests from either of our bb teams. Unlike in football and the track guy who climber on Sully with the BLM banner
mullokmotx
AG
You spoke too soon. Look at the tweet from men's basketball a couple of hours ago.
Bucketrunner
I hate to see them destroy what Blair has built in the community because they're lemmings and are soooooo woke.
Rudybryan
mullokmotx said:

You spoke too soon. Look at the tweet from men's basketball a couple of hours ago.
I was first!!!!!
Woke247
AG
Is it really the land of the "free" honestly?
Woke247
AG
No one is obligated to honor anything that doesn't honor them. I'm sure most of you on here are a lot older than myself, and have seen a lot more within the world. But is it not annoying to see we are still having these types of issues currently? And are some really that blinded by their privilege to notice. These athletes are entitled to freedom of speech. If this is the land of the free why is their such an uproar when people use these freedoms?
Gap
AG
Woke247 said:

These athletes are entitled to freedom of speech. If this is the land of the free why is their such an uproar when people use these freedoms?
Who is opposing free speech? That is a straw man and false argument from this issue.

And what does free speech have to do with putting a message on a jersey of a school that is neutral on politics?
Bucketrunner
So we can assume there will be no race baiting slogans on the jerseys? Just which political candidate they endorse?
rrtodds
AG
Woke247 said:

No one is obligated to honor anything that doesn't honor them. I'm sure most of you on here are a lot older than myself, and have seen a lot more within the world. But is it not annoying to see we are still having these types of issues currently? And are some really that blinded by their privilege to notice. These athletes are entitled to freedom of speech. If this is the land of the free why is their such an uproar when people use these freedoms?
So says woke247 ... established and awaken 06/29/20.
Expert Analysis
AG
#freehongkong you know people who are actually having rights taken away
Thymes
Rudybryan said:

with all that I hear our first game will probably be my last and I may not last longer
than the intro......as a veteran and a proud American I will draw the line in the sand
If that's where you draw the line, I'll be glad to step over that line and and fill the void that you leave. I, too, am a veteran, and we who served are not monolithic in our opinions.
greg.w.h
AG
Expert Analysis said:

#freehongkong you know people who are actually having rights taken away
They're losing them prior to the expiration of the Sino-British Joint Declaration in 2047.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-British_Joint_Declaration
G Hunny Ag
I totally agree with you. I will not stand by and see our university and our nation be dismissed and derided at a basketball game!
dlbarnes76
AG
Rudybryan said:

NCAA to allow student-athletes to wear social justice statements on uniforms. The NCAA announced Thursday it will allow student-athletes in all sports to wear social justice statements on their uniforms. ... The names or words on the back of the uniform can vary by player. Both must be approved by the school or conference.

We come to watch sports to get away from the BS of the world - now we are faced
with walking bulletin boards....

Totally agree with you. I do not go to sporting events to have someone's political and social opinions shoved in my face. I go to relax and enjoy watching a game. If you have something to say, have at it, but find a more appropriate time to do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.