Women's college basketball succession plan -- Who's got next at UConn, Baylor, more?

1,721 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Women's college basketball succession plan -- Who's got next at UConn, Baylor, more?

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29143653/women-college-basketball-succession-plan-got-next-uconn-baylor-more

In the family: Kelly Bond-White, Texas A&M associate head coach. There is no shortage of experience on the bench in College Station. Even the youngest member of the staff, Amy Wright, is a name that comes up often when talk turns to coaching prospects. But Bond-White should be first in line. At Texas A&M since 2003 (and Blair's assistant somewhere almost since she stepped off the court in 1998), Bond-White recently described her approach to the next step in terms of "patience " -- which certainly leaves open the door.

Outsider: Johnnie Harris, Texas associate head coach. All right, outsider is a stretch here. But one likely succession plan disappeared for Texas A&M when Vic Schaefer accepted the job at Texas. Blair's former longtime lieutenant could still trade Austin for College Station, but it seems less likely. So why not take one of college basketball's most valuable assistants away from him? Harris said in the past that she's in no hurry to take a head coaching job, but the former WBCA Division I Assistant Coach of the Year also said she felt as if she were ready for the right opportunity. A return to Texas A&M might just be it.
backinbcs
For A&M, someone should check out the coach at Drake. She is really good. They played here in the NCAA year before last. Kids were smart, played hard, clean. Seemed like every play out of a Time Out was a score. She is an up and comer.

UCONN, who knows. There are a number of former players if CD goes too.

Baylor - who cares.
backinbcs
I see she was mentioned in the article link.
Gap
AG
Kelly would be a great choice. Many of the things we love about our program are from her involvement in it.
cs69ag
AG
I don't see Mulkey retiring till they carry her out of there....what would she do,,,,go back to the trailer park?Maybe join a roller derby team? Can bu find another with no class, but who can win big??
Thymes
Let's wait ten years, when Gary is finally ready to retire.
greg.w.h
AG
Thymes said:

Let's wait ten years, when Gary is finally ready to retire.
I agree 100%. Especially if he keeps bringing talent in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.