2020 Roster

3,035 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by fitzwatema
mvegas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to wrap my head around all of the roster additions that have come out. I suspect I have some of the below incorrect. Could someone correct it, as needed? Apologies if it's a bit messy. Thanks!

Next year's recruiting class
Jada Malone (5*)

Incoming freshman
Kayla Green (5*)
Maliyah Johnson (4*)
Sahara Jones (4*)
Kenyal Perry (3*)

Incoming transfers - eligible?
Zay Green - Tennessee (5*)
Destiny Pitts - Minnesota (4*)

Incoming JC
Ella Tofaeono

Already on roster
Anna Dreimane - transfer Colorado St (?)
McKinzie Green (4*)
Aahliyah Jackson (3*)
Ciera Johnson - transfer Louisville (5*)
N'dea Jones (4*)
Jordan Nixon - transfer Notre Dame (5*)
Kayla Wells (4*)
Aaliyah Wilson - transfer Arkansas (5*)
lilsportag02
AG
Aahliyah Jackson transferred to TCU last month
BQ92
AG
I am excited to watch this roster play
Gap
AG
I count 14 on scholarship now with a maximum of 15 allowed.

We will have 6 seniors on scholarship next year: Wilson, Wells, Jones, Johnson, Dreimane, and Pitts. So, we will have 7 spots available for players via recruiting and transfer next year.

Returnees (7)
Aaliyah Wilson
Jordan Nixon
Kayla Wells
McKinzie Green
N'dea Jones
Ciera Johnson
Anna Dreimane

Juco Transfer (1)
Ella Tofaeono

D1 Transfers (2)
Zay Green (Tennessee)
Destiny Pitts (Minnesota)

Incoming freshman (4)
Kay Kay Green
Maliyah Johnson
Sahara Jones
Kenyal Perry
clendenin
AG
Gap said:

I count 14 on scholarship now with a maximum of 15 allowed.

We will have 6 seniors on scholarship next year: Wilson, Wells, Jones, Johnson, Dreimane, and Pitts. So, we will have 7 spots available for players via recruiting and transfer next year.

Returnees (7)
Aaliyah Wilson
Jordan Nixon
Kayla Wells
McKinzie Green
N'dea Jones
Ciera Johnson
Anna Dreimane

Juco Transfer (1)
Ella Tofaeono

D1 Transfers (2)
Zay Green (Tennessee)
Destiny Pitts (Minnesota)

Incoming freshman (4)
Kay Kay Green
Maliyah Johnson
Sahara Jones
Kenyal Perry
IMO either Zay Green (most likely with her returning to home state and having missed and redshirted in 2019-20) or Destiny Pitts will be given a transfer waiver but i doubt with the NCAA putting of the change in rules until 2021-22 season that both will be eligible to play.

Senior: Wilson, Wells, N, Jones, C. Johnson and Dreimane
Senior Redshirt: Pitts
Junior: Tofaeono
Sphomore: M. Green, Nixon and Z. Green
Freshmen: KK Green, M. Johnson, S. Jones and Perry
Gap
AG
I don't think the vote has been put off yet.

Quote:

The NCAA is inching closer to a drastic change in college sports' transfer rules. However, according to a recent statement, the governing body has reportedly recommended that the vote be delayed until January 2021 due to the "uncertainty" of COVID-19. Despite the recommendation, the NCAA has not officially ruled out a vote on the proposal, which is supposed to take place on May 20. Either way, student-athletes around the country will be eagerly awaiting a decision on when the vote will be held, as it could have major ramifications on college sports as soon as this fall.

The Transfer Waiver Working Group was initially confident that the policy would be passed and implemented for the beginning of the 2020-2021 season. With the release of this non-committal statement last week, the NCAA may be sending out a trial balloon to gauge public perception and gather administrative opinions from universities on whether to proceed with the vote or punt until next January.
cs69ag
AG
Nice to have a couple of top transfers and a very good juco coming in!

Sorry Jackson is gone, but she could see more talent ahead of her and coming in///particularly on offense.

If the pieces fit and the chemistry works out, I think GB is loaded for next season and maybe the year after!
My main concern is the 5 position and if Cierra is close to 100% and if someone else steps up there, so we have two threats on O and D at the 5.
Rudybryan
cs69ag said:

Nice to have a couple of top transfers and a very good juco coming in!

Sorry Jackson is gone, but she could see more talent ahead of her and coming in///particularly on offense.

If the pieces fit and the chemistry works out, I think GB is loaded for next season and maybe the year after!
My main concern is the 5 position and if Cierra is close to 100% and if someone else steps up there, so we have two threats on O and D at the 5.
My concern is PG
Bucketrunner
Jordan Nixon
cs69ag
AG
I think we have enough candidates for pg with Nixon the most highly touted. May be rough early in the year, but should get better as we go along. We know GB is tough on his pg and is best to have a returning starter,,,,we just don't have that this year.
fitzwatema
AG
There looks to be a lot of potential with the 2020/2021 roster! I sure hope these young ladies can get back to campus and get working out together sooner, rather than later. I am pretty excited with what next year might bring for this team.
clendenin
AG
ESPN on Destiny Pitts Transfer

Both Green and Pitts will likely have to sit out the 2020-21 season. The NCAA Division I Council is expected to vote later this month on a one-time transfer waiver that could apply as soon as the upcoming season, but the NCAA Division I board of directors recently said it did not recommend such a change.
mullokmotx
AG
Robert Cessna in the Bryan Eagle today wrote that Pitts plans to graduate from Minnesota so she would be able to play right away.
Gap
AG
From the article mullokmotx mentions at: https://www.theeagle.com/sports/cessna-texas-a-m-womens-basketball-team-boosted-roster-with-transfers/article_46356b74-9014-11ea-94fd-7f4e7d1af8a9.html

Green would be asking for a waiver moving back home to Texas amid covid.

Quote:

Both players expect to be eligible next season. Green has asked for a waiver, while Pitts plans to be a graduate transfer.
Big things Aggies for Aggie women's basketball.
Quote:

The revamped Aggies were projected to be a third seed in ESPN.com's Charlie Crme's initial 2021 64-team NCAA tournament bracket, and that was before the Aggies landed the coveted Pitts.

Blair's certainly had three great weeks, which included his third career hole-in-one. Now he's in position to make a run at his third Final Four appearance, something that just didn't seem possible as the 2019-20 season came to a grinding halt.
Rudybryan
Proves the silver fox still has some game contrary to some opinions
fitzwatema
AG
Great news! I certainly hope Green, Pitts and the incoming freshmen can get to College Station soon and start developing chemistry with the returning players as well as with the coaches! So looking forward to next basketball season! Gig'em Aggies!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.