Muffet McGraw

1,800 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by trackaggie76
MaroonSpirit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Muffet McGraw is retiring as HC of Notre Dame. (33 years!)
aggieFann
Wow! I didn't see this one coming either.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29083572/muffet-mcgraw-steps-women-basketball-coach-notre-dame
aggieFann
McGraw has a record of 848-252 at Notre Dame and led the school to national championships in 2001 and 2018.
She will be replaced by Niele Ivey, a former Notre Dame player and assistant coach under McGraw.

Before anyone asks, it's Aggie related as we beat ND in the 2011 championship and they took us down in the sweet 16 the last two years.
fitzwatema
AG
I saw this announcement and was going to post it just because it is relevant women's basketball news.
Also took me completely surprised by this, but she really had a rough year this past season in terms of wins and losses. Also the last couple of years her teams have had a lot of bad luck with injuries.
coloradoag69
AG
Congratulations to her on a great career, and by all accounts, and outstanding person. And she is going out at or near the top of her profession.

I saw in the article that she was 64. Good for her to retire now! Unless there is an unreported issue with her or her family, she has the expectation of a long, high quality retirement time.

I wish more coaches would look to get out on top rather than extend their tenure when they are clearly past their prime.

Sports-Ag
AG
Wow! Definitely a shocker. One of the few great coaches that was out there.
trackaggie76
AG
Had a relatively poor record (by her standards) last year I think and felt it was time to move on I guess....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.