Coach Vic S. going to Texas

22,475 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by greg.w.h
Tall Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WOW!
theloneranger
Was hoping he would be our guy when coach Blair retired but highly unlikely now.
iisanaggie
AG
I am thoroughly shocked! He has such a great fan base there, and I figured he would ride it out until he got a ring there! There must have been a boat load of $$$$ offered!
gamedrunk
Tavares19
AG
My opinion of him completely soured with how he went about the entire Anriel Howard situation. Hope he is an absolute failure there
Potcake
AG
Dayum, something twisted his panties. I know money is money but that is the lowest.
ContinentalAg
He gets to be closer to his parents. I guess he was tired of waiting on us.
AgFlyer83
AG
This just sucks
BQ92
AG
I am not happy!
Serious Lee
once an aggie, always an aggie!
musicman55
AG
State pretty much owned us once Vic went over there as HC. Gary has us in the NCAAs every year but hasn't gotten past the Sweet 16 since we won our NC. Mulkey has left us in the dust, and we haven't been on the same level in the SEC with Carolina and State. It seems that we're willing to let things ride until Gary decides to retire, but it seems that he'll go as long as he can for the money because of his personal situation.
Texagsubscriber
We kept waiting too long.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
There should have been "A&M" at the end of that!
aggiepaintrain
AG
Let's let Blair coach until he's 100 now he must need the $
Bucketrunner
Happy to hear it.
aggieFann
Wow I definitely didn't see this coming. What he built at State was impressive and I didn't think he was going to leave there.
cs69ag
AG
Going to be hard to hear Vic say " God Bless and Hook 'em Horns"

The exception will be after his team whips Mulkey and it sucks to bu

merrag01
buckeylee
AG
Tavares19 said:

My opinion of him completely soured with how he went about the entire Anriel Howard situation. Hope he is an absolute failure there
Do speak of that of which you know not, he didn't entice her to come there. However, it would have been unethical to refuse her request to transfer there. I really thought he would never leave Mississippi State to come back to A&M because they had treated him so well there. I always cheered for MS unless they were playing us or if them winning hurt our standings. I will have to draw the tu through.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

once an aggie, always an aggie!

Yep. And this doesn't change that. He took the job he felt best for him and his family. Sucks we weren't in the game.
Cedar09
He is leaving the best conference in the nation!
johnnyg88
Well, he was born in Austin. Just coming home.
AngryAG
He has made no secret about wanting that job.
Kbeauty63
BQ_90
AG
Any clue who MSU goes after, I'd offer Johnnie the job
Thymes
I guess he won't be replacing Gary any time soon.

Sorry, Blair haters!

Let Gary coach here as long as he wants.
SECTAMU#1
Welcome back to Texas, Vic!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Sorry, Blair haters!
Thinking that GB is overdue for retirement is VERY different than "hating" him. Blair absolutely resurrected the program, build it into a giant, and won a championship.

That said, with the non-parity in WBB, an average S16 team has basically no shot at a title. And that's been our ceiling for darn near a decade.
Method Man
Tavares19 said:

Why? She was leaving either way. Blair pissed the transfers off by giving Chennedy special treatment.
Tavares19
AG
The argument was always that Howard didn't like being in Carter's shadow, yet she went to a school (who was pretty much our rival at the time) just to be in Mcgowan's Shadow. If you don't think Vic had a role in her leaving you're just in denial
Method Man
I know from another player that transferred that Howard was upset because Blair enforced rules on the other players with punishments and didn't punish Carter for same violations. They got pissed off and left. Why do you think Dani transferred too? Vic again?
William_C_G
AG
Happy for Vic. Sad for us. When is the last time tu hired an Aggie to be the head coach in any sport?
greg.w.h
AG
I'm guessing you heard that from someone who knows someone who left. I would offer that better players always get special treatment. Acie and Von and Johnny all got special treatment.
speedy
AG
Good luck Vic against baylor.
MarcAg
AG
greg.w.h said:

I'm guessing you heard that from someone who knows someone who left. I would offer that better players always get special treatment. Acie and Von and Johnny all got special treatment.

I would bet Acie did not. Von was suspended by Sherman one spring because Von wasn't taking school and practice seriously. And talking about things Sumlin did isn't a good argument.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.