Aggie Dance Team

5,080 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 6th Ag
TXAGMOM22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of you are uninformed of the difference between the Aggie Dance Team and cheerleaders. I myself did not always know about the origin of the Aggie Dance Team. I'll gladly educate you all on what all I've learned.

The Aggie Dance Team was founded three decades ago, in 1990 as a student organization, however the Aggie Dance Team transitioned into a Texas A&M Athletics support group during the 1995-1996 season and became a part of the Aggieland tradition.

Tradition reinforces values such as freedom, faith, integrity, a good education, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic, and the value of being selfless. Tradition provides a forum to showcase role models and celebrate the things that really matter in life.

The members of the Aggie Dance Team are the epitome of tradition. They are a group of 22 young ladies that have earned their place on the team by being selected among hundreds of dancers to represent Texas A&M University. They are the best of best. Don't let their physical talents and beautiful exteriors deceive you about their intelligence. As students of Texas A&M each of them have to maintain a grade point average to remain on the team. In fact this past semester collectively they have a combined GPA close to a 4.0. They sacrifice many hours each week of their personal time in extensive practices, workouts, appearances and performances. They are required to abide by very strict guidelines that exemplify the Texas A&M core values Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service.

The 12th man is likely the most known tradition at Texas A&M. The power of the 12th Man is echoed in the unity, the loyalty, and the willingness of Aggies to serve when called to do so. Although the Aggie Dance Team is not one of the original Texas A&M traditions they are a part of the 12th man. When you see them out in our community and at games know they've been called to serve and they're doing their part.

The Yell Leaders do their part in leading the student body and the Aggie Dance Team participates just as the student body does. They are all there to support the basketball players.

The song choices of the dances are selected and choreographed by professionals in the dance industry.

You may not like all of the traditions at Texas A&M and you are welcome to your opinions. However; out of RESPECT for your fellow Aggies you should not share your negative, belittling and degrading comments about the Aggie Dance Team or anyone for that matter.

greg.w.h
AG
Yay. You really told us...
greg.w.h
AG
Btw: you originally were commenting on a Yell Leader thread in Men's Basketball...
TXAGMOM22
I am well aware of my comments. "Crotch shot" cheerleaders caught my attention there!

Your point in calling that out is what?

My point in all of it is that Aggies are known for their integrity. These negative comments about the Aggie Dance Team and Yell leaders is not honoring the Aggie code I am accustom to.
Gap
AG
I really appreciate the Aggie Dance Team and what they do to support our athletic programs.

I especially appreciate their support for our basketball teams. They and the Hullabaloo Band are there for every basketball game - even when school is out for Christmas Break. They add tons to the atmosphere.

I have been around Aggie basketball long enough to remember no support from organizations like these. We would only usually start seeing the Aggie Band in late January when it was convenient for them. Any environment can use improvements but the Dance Team has improved it tremendously - to the point some may not even remember what it was like before they started supporting our programs.

Kudos to the Aggie Dance Team!
aggiedad55
AG
Gigem Aggie Dance Team!
ontheway
AG
When President Rudder opened the door for women to attend Texas A&M, it opened opportunities for women to participate fully in the 12th man traditions and add to it's remarkable legacy. The Dance Team is now part of that legacy. Gig'em
ontheway
BanderaAg956
Now we need Cheerleaders too!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
mentorsubsea
AG
Aggie Dance Team is a definite plus to the basketball games. I hope the team will continue to get more recognition as a part of Aggie traditions.

Hopefully, one day we can add cheerleaders to work alongside the Yell Leaders.
monarch
S
Keep the yell leaders for football only. Add cheerleaders for basketball only.

Case closed.
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
The Dance Team is great! BTW.
Peace for Ukraine!
6th Ag
AG
The Aggie Dance Team was a needed addition to Aggie Sports, especially basketball.

I was fortunate to be a sponsor of the dance team in the early years and I was so proud of their success. And their appreciation of the support was very humbling for me.

A new tradition which was much needed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.