Sec+ thru suddenlink

6,549 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ohAggie17
Jimma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FYI. I was wanting to watch the basketball game today but because my cable provider is suddenlink I will not have access to see it or any other Aggie sporting event on sec+. I have access to the SEC network but suddenlink will no longer provide access to sec+. I live where there is only one cable provider so changing cable providers is not an option. If you have suddenlink as a cable provider this should also effect your ability to get access to sec+.
Rudybryan
pull it up online.....https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?channel=19644d95-cc83-38ed-bdf9-50b9f2e9ebfc&type=upcoming

you should beable to watch
Jimma
Do you have suddenlink as your cable provider? I have streamed many games live on a Roku thru the ESPN app and each time I have to gain access (approval as a customer) to the app thru my cable provider. Up until recently (I used it in November to watch games) I could get access. I have been told twice they no longer provide access. As I understand it you have to go thru the ESPN app to stream sec+. I have the app plus ESPN Plus but no access to sec+.
Jimma
Clicked on your link on my iPad to see if I could watch one of the 2 o'clock games and was denied access. Got this: "it looks like your tv subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact suddenlink at 877-694-9474 for more information".
cowboychemist
????? I watched the Alabama game on Sec+ with Suddeniink. I have to go to settings on ESPN and log off Suddenlink and then select Suddenlink and logon with Suddenlink user ID and password. I'll try again today when game stream starts. I am at game today.
Jimma
I have re authenticated with the pass code provided only to get to the message that says I don't have that service.
cowboychemist
I got it to work for me!!! Not ESPN Login.
Rudybryan
Do you have sports package with duddenlink
Jimma
What city and state do you have suddenlink as a cable provider. I'm in Huntsville.
Jimma
Yes
Jimma
How did you get to sec+ without going thru the ESPN app?
Rudybryan
Computer

ESPN.com/watch
rhp
AG
I just tried a replay on sec+. I'm getting the same message as Jimma. It worked earlier this week. Suddenlink must have change the agreement with the SEC.
busdriver88
AG
weird, because I was having the same problem thru suddenlink, until today, when I was able to watch the game via the ESPN ap on my firestick. Has not worked until now.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Rudybryan
go to your computer (it is not on TV Sec +)

espn.com/watch

click schedules and replays

pull tab down (All Networks)

Click SEC Network +

Click Replays

Click 3:00 pm Mo vs A&M

rhp
AG
I tried that and get the message as before. Tried a couple of different games and get the same message. I didn't start having before today.
Rudybryan
rhp said:

I tried that and get the message as before. Tried a couple of different games and get the same message. I didn't start having before today.
while you are on espn page.....log out of suddenlink....then log back in.....

if that doesn't work

if you have paid for sports package....and still can't get on......call suddenlink .....I had to raise hell...last year ...
but we changed my password and it worked after that
Rudybryan
Jimma said:

I have re authenticated with the pass code provided only to get to the message that says I don't have that service.
what pass code provided

you re authenicate using your suddenlink user name and password

rhp
AG
I will have to call suddenlink. It just started to happen. It was working fine. Nothing like an hour on the phone with suddenlink.
Jess67
AG
has anyone had success with Suddenlink?
Jess67
Jimma
I sent an email to the SEC office complaining about the problem. If you are having problems with suddenlink and the sec network/sec+ notify the SEC office as the more emails they get the more stimulated they will be to investigate. I have not heard back from the SEC office yet.

I also contacted ESPN and have had several emails from them. They gave me the impression they are looking into the problem. ESPN had me check what I had access to on the app and what I didn't. Funny I didn't have access to the SEC network, sec+, ESPN deportes, and longhorn network.

I have also contacted suddenlink thru Facebook messenger and gotten back some information indicating I should have access to sec+. Personally I don't think anyone at suddenlink knows what they are talking about.
rhp
AG
I agree that Suddenlink has no ideas what your talking about when you call. They just don't understand what we're trying to do. Can you send me the emails for SEC and ESPN? Back in Oct when I had this problem, I was able have them look into via Facebbook and they fixed it. Still waiting for answer via Facebook this time.
Jess67
AG
I went on internet looked up ESPN customer care. After I entered I clicked on SEC network, then followed instructions. ESPN told me they were aware of problem and were working on it. Maybe 2 days before corrected.
Jess67
Jimma
I emailed ESPN at support@espncustomercare.com and the SEC Office at secu@sec.org and at feedback@sec.org. I have not had a response from the SEC office. I'm currently waiting on information from the A&M athletic department which has been extremely helpful. As I understand it they are waiting on a response from ESPN concerning the results from a meeting (about this issue)today between ESPN and suddenlink.
Jimma
I still cannot get access. Has it changed for you?
Jess67
AG
No sir still the same. Have not heard anything from ESPN or SEC. I am now going to look for alternatives.
Jess67
Jimma
I have been given the impression that ESPN is working with suddenlink to resolve the issue. I was told they were meeting on Tuesday about this issue. I was also told yesterday there is a work ticket on the issue. So far I have missed 3 games because of it. If this continues much longer my fall back plan is to go to sling. Sling offers access to sec+ in a sports package which is an additional cost of 10 dollars. The total monthly cost would be 40 dollars.

If you know a cheaper and better way, please advise.
Jess67
AG
I was thinking of HULA +TV @54 a month and drop suddenlink cable TV. This is still cheaper than suddenlink. I just haven't looked at all the different avenues concerning channel options. I was hoping ESPN and suddenlink would resolve their issues before I was influenced to change.
Jess67
aggieFann
I have the ESPN app and I have Sling TV and for some reason SEC+ has not been functioning properly.
Jimma
This month suddenlink stopped giving/allowing me access to sec+. I get a message saying my tv subscription doesn't provide access. Funny it did for several years prior to this month. I have been told ESPN and suddenlink have had a meeting concerning this issue but I have no information about the results of the meeting. I think suddenlink will drag this on for as long as they can without doing anything. I know for a fact ESPN is aware of the problem and suddenlink is aware of the problem. What I don't know is just how much interest does ESPN have in seeing the problem is fixed as I doubt suddenlink has any at all. I missed 3 women basketball games because of it so I have elected to get sling with the sports package which contains sec+.
Jimma
I didn't think hula had sec+.
Rudybryan
who is your internet provider?

About SEC Network+
582 days ago
SEC Network

1. What is the difference between SEC Network, SEC Network+ and SEC Network Alternate Channel?
SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network. SEC Network Alternate is an overflow television channel. It is not live 24 hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap. SEC Network+ provides thousands of additional digital only events to fans through the ESPN App on smartphones, tablets and OTT streaming devices and on computers via ESPN.com. SEC Network+ is not a television channel.

2. What is the difference between ESPN+ and SEC Network+?
SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network, with digitally exclusive events available on the ESPN App. ESPN+ is the first-ever multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International group and ESPN. It delivers thousands of additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN's television or digital networks, housed in a completely redesigned ESPN App.

3. ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?
No. SEC Network+ is part of your pay TV subscription.

4. Is the second SEC Network channel I see on my TV guide SEC Network+ ?
No. The additional SEC Network channel you see on your digital TV guide is the SEC Network Alternate channel. It is live only on occasion and used when live events overlap. Everything that airs on SEC Network and the SEC Network Alternate channel is also available to stream live on the ESPN App through your pay TV subscription.

5. Can I watch SEC Network+ on my television?
SEC Network+ is not a television channel, however, you can watch the events on a television screen through the ESPN App via the major OTT streaming devices.

6. Who has access to SEC Network+?
SEC Network subscribers of Altice USA/Suddenlink (coming soon to Optimum), AT&T/DIRECTV, Charter Spectrum, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, and members of the NCTC, NRTC and NTTC have authenticated access to SEC Network+.

7. Who has access to SEC Network+ ?
SEC Network subscribers of AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, and members of the NCTC, NRTC and NTTC have authenticated access to SEC Network +.

8. Am I able to watch the network on my mobile phone or similar device?
Yes, the SEC Network is available on SECNetwork.com and on iOS, Android, Apple TV and Roku devices through participating providers via WatchESPN.

9. Where can I apply for a job at SEC Network?
Apply online at ESPNcareers.com

10. How many live events will be on the SEC Network?
More than 1,000 live events will be available in the first full year across the television network and its digital extensions.

11. What happens if my carrier doesn't offer the network?
We encourage you to keep calling your cable, satellite or telco provider to request the SEC Network or switch to one of the many carriers that do carry SEC Network.

12. Can I pay to subscribe to the network online, Pay-Per-View or via ESPN3 if I can't get it on TV?
No. However, with a cable or satellite subscription you can access the network on a variety of devices and platforms including Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

13. How can I get the SEC Network?
SEC Network is distributed nationally as well as in the SEC footprint with providers large and small. You should have multiple provider options in your area. A list of current providers can be viewed on getsecnetwork.com.

14. I live outside the country, is SEC Network available internationally?
Yes, SEC Network is available internationally. It is available in more than 50 countries and territories in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region via ESPN Player. For information, including a list of countries where the service is available, please visit: www.espnplayer.com.

15. How can I embed an SEC Network video on my website?
a. Locate the video you want on the SECNetwork.com website.
b. Click the 'Tool' icon below the video, then click "Share". Make sure to wait until the ad ends.
c. Grab the embed code, paste it into your content management system or provide it to your website's engineer.
Click to see an example.
For additional media questions please visit www.espnmediazone.com.
Jimma
Suddenlink is my cable provider. Up until January I had access to sec+ thru suddenlink. When I try to get access I get a message that says my tv subscription does not provide access. I have the SEC network as part of my cable service. I have suddenlink' s sport package. I have ESPN+. I have a Roku with the ESPN app for streaming. What I don't have is access thru suddenlink.

My phone calls to suddenlink result in me being told suddenlink is not providing access. No reason or explanation. I have made multiple contacts with ESPN thru various methods. I have been told by one contact that it's up to the cable provider and to contact them. I was told by another that ESPN is aware and there is a work ticket to fix the problem. I'm currently waiting on a response back from the athletic department regarding information concerning a meeting between suddenlink and ESPN last week concerning this issue.

In the meantime I have acquired Sling so that I can get sec+.
Jess67
AG
I was told by ESPN that suddenlink was no longer providing access to SEC network for streaming. ESPN said I should complain to suddenlink and with enough complaints suddenlink might change their position. So I switched to U tube TV to pick up ability to stream SEC + and SEC network. Sometime in next 2 weeks my plan is to drop their cable service.
Jess67
Jimma
It appears suddenlink has fixed the problem.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.