*****BTHO Kentucky*****

3,928 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Houstonag
fitzwatema
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game time for #11 Kentucky sporting a 14 - 2 record and 3 - 1 in SEC play.

Kentucky is lead by:
Rhyne Howard a 6'2" Soph. Guard averaging 23.8 ppg and 5.8 rebounds
Chasity Patterson a 5'5" Jr. Guard & a transfer is averaging 10.6 ppg (5 games) and 2.6 rebounds
Sabrina Haines a 5'10" RSr. Guard averaging 10.3 ppg and 4.5 rebounds
Jaida Roper a 5'6" Sr. Guard averaging 7.1 ppg and 2.3 rebounds
KeKe McKinney 6'1" Jr. Guard averaging 6.7 ppg. and 4.5 rebounds
Tatyana Wyatt 6'2" Jr. Forward averaging 5.7 ppg. and 5.1 rebounds
Amanda Paschal 5'7" RSr. Guard averaging 5.4 ppg and 3.1 rebounds
Blair Green 6' Soph. Guard averaging 6.6 ppg and 2.4 rebounds

Let's go Aggies, BTHO Kentucky!
cs69ag
AG
If Carter does not play, we are getting a preview of next years team, as Carter likely going pro and Sham graduates. So far in Carter's career, we have lost all 3 games Carter did not play one half or not at all.
Lamar and Arky last year, and LSU this year/

Big hole at the point next year. Have no idea how Nixon will play, and whether Green can step up big time, plus the recruits coming in. Maybe we can get a Juco transfer. Would be nice to see the whole team step up tonight!
alamoaggie64
AG
Is that right that Carter is likely to go pro this year? Or are you just guessing?
alamoaggie64
fitzwatema
AG
If Wilson and Wells can hit shots tonight along with Jones, Johnson, and Washington doing at least as well as last game the Aggies have a chance. They will all have to stay out of foul trouble because I don't see Gary going very deep in the bench.
cs69ag
AG
Not guessing, That is what GB thinks. Realistically \he has nothing else to prove at this level.
The days of athletes wanting to die on the field or the court for dear old Texas A&M are gone.
She was the best player on the court when she scored 34 points vs. the USA team at Reed.
Maybe just maybe she will think she could lead us to a second NC next year, and come back for her Senior year.
I doubt it. If we stay healthy and happy and get on a roll, the NC could happen this year...but all the stars will have to align along with more balanced scoring in most every game....not just a few games.

mullokmotx
AG
We beat Auburn in the SEC Tournament last year without Carter.
Wicked Good Ag
We have a good team without Carter but we can be an elite team with Carter. That said it is much more important that Carter be healthy in a few weeks than tonight. I hear Nixon next year will be an excellent piece to a puzzle and secretly hope that Carter would come back like Onescu did for Oregon but what we need is balanced scoring while Carter isn't available and knowledge of how to win in a tight 4th quarter without her in case of foul trouble or injury.
greg.w.h
AG
Welp...if Carter doesn't play and we lose to UK, we know you don't have 20-20 hindsight...
Gap
AG
cs69ag said:

If Carter does not play, we are getting a preview of next years team, as Carter likely going pro and Sham graduates.

Big hole at the point next year. Have no idea how Nixon will play
Nixon is supposed to be a heck of a player not a mystery:
  • A five-star recruit
  • McDonald's All-American
  • #10 guard in the nation (top 40 overall)
  • Miss New York Basketball in 2018
  • Selected to the 2019 USA Basketball U19 World Cup Team

It is also a huge benefit to have been in the program here for a full year.
mullokmotx
AG
Just heard Tom and Steve say Carter is not playing.
aggieFann
I saw a clip of them at shoot around and Carter did not have on any warm up gear as the other players and she has either a boot or brace on foot/leg.

This should make for an interesting game. We can't let Howard go for 40 as she has recently.
Cedar09
Just flipped the game on Kentucky jacking up 3s. Ags shot 25% from the field.
czar_iv
AG
This team is terrible w/o Carter ...
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
cs69ag
AG
A lot of alligator short arm shots by our team, Not a lot of smart play either.
Tall Texan
Our whole team needs to step it up. They look confused out there.
mullokmotx
AG
In the last 3 halves Washington, Wells and Wilson are 4 for 34. You could see Johnson and Jones were gassed with 2 minutes to go in the first quarter. And we are -5 in turnover margin. 10 turnovers and 6 field goals.
cs69ag
AG
Correct, we did beat a bad team in Auburn without Carter in the SEC tournament.

re our guards...in 3-4 games now, Kayla keeps charging rather than pulling up for a short jumper,
Sham is used to assists and does not look for her shot unless left wide open or clock winding down.
Wilson's shot has disappeared last 2-3 games. Other team sag on Johnson and have little respect for our guards.
fitzwatema
AG
I agree with sitting Carter out if she is not healthy, but as others have stated Wilson, Washington and Wells to a certain extent have gone cold shooting the last several games. This team can compete if those three are hitting their shots.
cs69ag
AG
when will Johnson learn where she is in relation to the basket and the angles needed to get a proper shot??
cs69ag
AG
we won the first and 3rd quarters....but the second was a disaster
czar_iv
AG
With all due respect, how in the world did Ciera Johnson become a McDonalds All American?
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Hehateme1
Not our night.
Cedar09
Outcome of this game would be different if Carter is playing. These teams better get their shots in while they can!
Bucketrunner
All the talent in the world. No guts
mullokmotx
AG
They made 5 3-pointers in the 4th quarter. Hopefully Kayla will get going and Wilson showed more energy that last quarter. I'd be okay with Carter not playing against Florida on Sunday and giving her ankle 2 complete weeks to heal.
cs69ag
AG
Guess Coach thought we could not press to try and get back in the game.
Seems like UK has a lot of savvy gym rats and we have mostly one dimensional type players.
To her credit, Kayla really picked it up the second half.
biobioprof
There's a lot that could be done better but some of the reaction here makes it sound like people thought it should be easy to beat #11 on the road without Carter

wow.
Rambotx
Team is not built to do well or win without Carter playing.
Kbeauty63
AG
I was listening when I could & mentally saying 'show Chennedy we CAN do it without her' so she will heal & not try to come back too soon. I just want them to have confidence in themselves without Chennedy
alamoaggie64
AG
"when will Johnson learn where she is in relation to the basket and the angles needed to get a proper shot??"

Wondering same thing. It would also help if she learned to shoot FTs.
alamoaggie64
cs69ag
AG
Not easy bio, but not a 22 point beat down
Rudybryan
cs69ag said:

If Carter does not play, we are getting a preview of next years team, as Carter likely going pro and Sham graduates. So far in Carter's career, we have lost all 3 games Carter did not play one half or not at all.
Lamar and Arky last year, and LSU this year/

Big hole at the point next year. Have no idea how Nixon will play, and whether Green can step up big time, plus the recruits coming in. Maybe we can get a Juco transfer. Would be nice to see the whole team step up tonight!
The WNBA "requires players to be at least 22, to have completed their college eligibility, to have graduated from a four-year college or to be four years removed from high school".

Carter turned 21 in January.......so no draft...no nothing until next Jan ie no wnba basketball in January so what would she do between now and then
cs69ag
AG
maybe play in Europe or work on her game full time somewhere
GB thinks she is gone. Hopefully not!
cs69ag
AG
UK had 5 different players make a 3 point shot
we had one...Kayla was 3-5 from 3 point land
fitzwatema
AG
Sorry folks I didn't get to watch all of this one, for some reason my 3 year old grandson did not want me to watch basketball. He would much rather have me play with him!

From what I did see:
  • missed too many layups again
  • Ciera gets to the free throw line and doesn't convert
  • Wells got better in the 2nd half
  • Wilson can't buy a bucket and she has been such a good shooter
  • Washington has to take and make some of the outside shots
  • Too much dribbling on many possessions
  • Not guarding the shooters closely enough (if they scouted Kentucky correctly they should have known that Kentucky has been hitting about 9 three's a game and have multiple players who can hit threes)

This team can do better with or without Carter, right now they are not living up to their potential.

P.S. I am not starting the next game thread, with two losses in a row I think it's time for a change!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.