*****BTHO LSU*****

7,404 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dallasiteinsa02
coloradoag69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, that sucks.

The two charging calls in the last four minutes were awful. You can't be moving and draw a charge. Those two calls cost us four points plus the free throws - in other words the game.

It's tough to lose a Kennedy while the game is in progress. If you know she's going to be out, you can make adjustments and practice for it.

The refs really need to get their act together with these charging calls. The defensive player needs to be set, not still moving into place. You also shouldn't be able to take dives on the floor, like the last call.
fitzwatema
AG
Do you think Blair will start Wilson at Kentucky if Carter can't go? That would be my first choice out of the bench players.
BQ92
AG
Wells had three fouls:
- charge that was crap
- player that tripped over the stripe at end of 3rd
- all ball block

Those go the way I saw them and we win by 6-8
SA-AG72
AG
coloradoag69 said:

Well, that sucks.

The two charging calls in the last four minutes were awful. You can't be moving and draw a charge. Those two calls cost us four points plus the free throws - in other words the game.

It's tough to lose a Kennedy while the game is in progress. If you know she's going to be out, you can make adjustments and practice for it.

The refs really need to get their act together with these charging calls. The defensive player needs to be set, not still moving into place. You also shouldn't be able to take dives on the floor, like the last call.

The last one looked like a flop to me.
BQ92
AG
A positive Jones was 9/11 FT. Huge improvement over last year.
aggieFann
I don't care what anyone says but If Blair doesn't call that timeout when we got that rebound then I think we win the game. Clearly we had struggled in the half court game all second half so why take away a fast break opportunity. Chances are we would have gotten fouled because we had numbers. Yes refs were bad but so were we. Our guards did absolutely nothing in the second half so when Jones got hot LSU clogged the paint.
To make things worse we were in a bonus the last 4 minutes and settled for jump shots even on put backs.
Houstonag
AG
Poor shot selection during 4th qtr. take it to the paint and we win.
Cedar09
aggieFann said:

Why on earth would u call time out

THIS!!
fitzwatema
AG
aggieFann said:

I don't care what anyone says but If Blair doesn't call that timeout when we got that rebound then I think we win the game. Clearly we had struggled in the half court game all second half so why take away a fast break opportunity. Chances are we would have gotten fouled because we had numbers. Yes refs were bad but so were we. Our guards did absolutely nothing in the second half so when Jones got hot LSU clogged the paint.
To make things worse we were in a bonus the last 4 minutes and settled for jump shots even on put backs.
If I had to guess, Blair probably had in his mind get a rebound call a time out so when the Aggies got a steal he was already thinking time out. I totally agree that the time out call probably cost the Aggies a bucket or at the very least and opportunity to go to the foul line.
fitzwatema
AG
BQ92 said:

A positive Jones was 9/11 FT. Huge improvement over last year.
N'dea was rock solid tonight, with or without Carter in the game!
Gap
AG
Seems like most all of the charges were called by the ref outside the 3 point line close to mid court who has no idea if the person taking the charge has good position or not. Very strange.

And don't get me started on the 5 point play that resulted from an LSU player stepping on our foot and getting a foul called on us during a loose ball.
Bucketrunner
Tried to hear an analysis on the radio, but there was a child on there??? Not what I wanted to hear.
Wicked Good Ag
BQ92 said:

Wells had three fouls:
- charge that was crap
- player that tripped over the stripe at end of 3rd
- all ball block

Those go the way I saw them and we win by 6-8

There were a couple of calls that didn't help the Ags but the charge call on Wells was a good call. Defensive player had legal guarding position and Wells initiated the contact. Now the one where the girl landed on her foot was not a good call

I think if we had kept going down low instead of trying threes when we fell one point behind it may have been a different story but we didn't get the ball inside and you can credit LSU for the adjustment but if we had we could have kept pounding or played inside out
sharpdressedman
There were multiple missed layups in the first half that turned into fast baskets for lsu. Each one was a four-point turnaround.
Rudybryan
we can ***** about the refs and the calls BUT the bottom line is if you are going to be a championship team you have to do the basics....which we did not do

Yes first we lost Carter BUT

we miss bunnies....missed enough tonight to win the game

we missed our three throws shots.....missed enough tonight to win the game

only 3 people shot in double figures ( Carter (had 10 in first quarter), Jones and Johnson) so in 2nd half
of game we had no shooters..3rd and..4th Qrt we shot 20% hell a high school team can beat you at 20%

turnovers are one thing - stupid ones are costly

taking time off during plays....

STUPID fouls.....reach in.......hacking at ball etc

the score was 57-54 LSU that's 3 points whose fault is it?

BQ_90
AG
Quote:

we miss bunnies....missed enough tonight to win the game
complain about the refs all you want, but the above statement is what cost us the game.

In the post game radio; Starkey said we took out their 2 best offensive players. The rest of LSU team stepped up and made shots.

We didn't.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
How bad is Carter's injury?
Wicked Good Ag
Pretty bad. 90 degree angle when she came down. Don't know how long but it was a low ankle vs high ankle it looked like to me.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Somebody teach Wells to pull up instead of charging .
BQ_90
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Somebody teach Wells to pull up instead of charging .
on one of them she hesitated, if she would just drive she'd be fine. but she gives the defense time to react and set.
cs69ag
AG
The game boils down to putting the ball in the basket. We did not do that good enough to win.
mullokmotx
AG
4 of the top 10 in the coaches poll have already lost this week with Oregon losing to Arizona State last night. Oregon had 17 turnovers and went just 7 of 14 from the free throw line.
If either Wilson, Washington or Wells shoot their average Thursday we win that game.
dallasiteinsa02
Just bought 6 tickets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.