POSTGAME QUOTES
Texas A&M Head Coach Gary Blair
Opening statement
"We got out to a slow start, but we found our way by forcing a few turnovers. I was disappointed early on because our post players were 3-for-11 in the first half. We have to learn how to get the ball deeper into the post against teams that are not shot blockers. We keep shooting the ball because we're open, and we've had this problem all year long, we have to get our post players off to a good start so we can create and-one's and get into our press defense a little bit quicker. Our post players did a much better job in the second half. There were four kids in double figures this afternoon and 11 kids played. We were efficient at the free throw line too; our kids did a good job in that regard."

On how prepared the team is for SEC play
"We're ready for SEC play only by our record, not by our improvement. We need to be getting better, improving, and correcting our mistakes. We can't just turn it on when we're playing a Florida State or an Arkansas or a Georgia Tech. We have to do a better job of game planning and playing hard from the opening tip. When we do that, maybe it'll happen during conference play, we'll be a better team that will know how to play 40 minutes."

On the team's upcoming matchup against Arkansas
"If we get into a complete transition game with them, it'll be like our scrimmage against the U.S. Women's National Team. They want to run and shoot the ball within seven seconds, that's their coaches' philosophy. They want to drive the ball and kick it out for three or score in transition. If you get in there and try to trade baskets with them, we'll be playing to their strengths. Our strength is the balance between our inside game and our outside shooting. We need to be better than we were today at stopping the drive."

Junior Center Ciera Johnson
On the team's performance
"We started off the game really well. In the second quarter we kind of slipped up a little bit. We just have to play a little better going into Arkansas, because they're a very well-coached team with fantastic players. So, we have to be a little more focused throughout the entire game or else we're going to lose to Arkansas."

On the team's rebounding effort
"The boards were fine. I think we gave up a few offensive rebounds. They were stuck with nine for a while, and they finished with nine. So, I thought we did pretty good on the boards. Coach [Bob] Starkey said he wanted us to dominate the boards, and I think we did that."

On this game preparing the team for SEC play
"Considering the way we played, it was okay. We have to be a lot better, because Arkansas is a very well-coached team. They're going to get after us. It's the first game of SEC play, so they're going to be fired up. We had some slip-ups. If we don't maintain the level of play we had throughout the first quarter, then we will have a tough time against Arkansas. I think if we stay on that level of play we had through the first quarter, then we will be just fine."