Discuss the Rice game

1,194 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cs69ag
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I watched on line with ESPN+ and would like to hear from those who saw the game in person.

I think some things that affected the 1 point win were......

Ags 16 fouls Rice 10 fouls

Ags 4-9 free throws Rice 16-18

Smith for Rice took 3-4 charges. On tv looked like the first one was a flop. The others?

You usually lose when the opponent makes more free throws that you even shoot.
Huge difference in this game and we still won.

I thought the foul on Carter in 4th qtr near mid court where she went on the floor and knocked the ball loose without touching the Rice player was wrong as the Rice player then pushed Carter away when both players trying to secure the ball.

Although Carter missed a lot of second half shots as she tired out, I though she played very hard and very well on defense!!
Cedar09
I was at the game, our set plays out of timeouts were great, we scored. Carter played hard and locked down defense in the 4th. Cierra did a good job down low against the big girl. On the road wins are always good!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG

Defense on 4 plays made a huge difference - twice on 5 second throw ins under their basket

and twice on 20 second violations

when Rice had the ball ! All in last quarter as I remember .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
cs69ag
AG
The 6'9 girl's stats not all that great....BUT she intimidates a lot of shots not blocked and it gets in players heads and the hesitation causes missed shots....hence the 38% shooting %.
aggieFann
we need to move more on offense and have better ball movement. I'm glad the 6'9" player from Rice isn't that athletic or it would've been a different ball game as she missed some shots badly. We also need a better connection between the 4 &5 positions. If we get at least 8-10 points from each of them it keeps the defense honest on our guards.
cs69ag
AG
Have to learn to pass the ball faster than the zone can move, go in and back out and reverse the ball quicker.!
All zones have known weaknesses that can be exposed and get good shots from certain spots on the floor.

We also need more balanced scoring...only got 6 points total from rest of the team other than Carter, Wells and Johnson, Sham had a tough shooting game, and the 4 position, N'Dea and Cheah were 0-7 with 4 turnovers,
They did have 12 boards.

Only 4-9 from the line almost lost the game on that one stat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.