Ducks lead Team USA by 9 in the 4th Q.

1,479 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudybryan
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lead was up to 11.
biobioprof
91-86 Ducks 11.6 seconds left.
biobioprof
History. Ducks win.

Only the second time a college team has won. The only other time was Tenn in 1999.
aggieFann
Wow i can't believe it. Is Oregon really that much better than all these other colleges. Kudos to them for pulling off the win but this is scary for all the other collegiate teams now.
Rudybryan
aggieFann said:

Wow i can't believe it. Is Oregon really that much better than all these other colleges. Kudos to them for pulling off the win but this is scary for all the other collegiate teams now.
The PAC 12 is loaded this year....I think the power is shifting to the west coast
biobioprof
aggieFann said:

They are really good, but I think Team USA was also showing some fatigue from having to fly here and back to the W Coast. They didn't look nearly as sharp as they did here. Also, the 3 Pac teams they played are strong up front. Aja Wilson was available for Stanford and Oregon State but without her the Ducks outrebounded Team USA. Didn't help that Fowles got into foul troube.

It will be interesting to check a box score. It wasn't all Ionescu scoring. She had 7 assists and just 1 turnover. Sabally had 24 points. I didn't see how Hebard did .. i forgot to turn it on until halftime.
aggieFann
Yeah I'm watching it now since I couldn't earlier. USA was up 27-20 after the 1st and no other collegiate team was down by that much after the 1st. But what I'm noticing so far is the pick and roll action of Oregon and their post players being quick to the basket.
aggieFann
Not too take anything from Oregon but this was also USA's 4th game in 8 days
biobioprof
The Ducks are #1 for a reason, but ...

In 1999 the Lady Vols with Tamika Catchings were the only other college team to beat Team USA. That Tennessee team lost in the NC game the following Spring, to a UConn team that Sue Bird was on.
aggieFann
Now that I've had the opportunity to watch the game, the main things that stick out are Oregon's lack of turnovers, Oregon's defensive presence, and Oregon's ability to hit outside shots and inside shots (when Fowles got in foul trouble). Nevertheless, what a great win for them and what a great crowd of over 11,500 fans.
Rudybryan
Here's pitiful.......their attendance 11,500

University of Oregon has a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,101, with a gender distribution of 46 percent male students and 54 percent female students. At this school, 22 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 78 percent of students live off campus.

I don't even want to think what ours was with 68,000 student body
fitzwatema
AG
I don't know what the distribution of students living on campus or off campus is, but the attendance was indeed pitiful. Attendance listed in box score was 3,785.
Rudybryan
fitzwatema said:

I don't know what the distribution of students living on campus or off campus is, but the attendance was indeed pitiful. Attendance listed in box score was 3,785.
Attendance listed in box score was 3,785. that figure is basically season ticket holders and seniors....if there was 100 I would be amazed and I am counting the band
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.