Problems at ticket office

1,952 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudybryan
iisanaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else frustrated after trying to buy tickets at the ticket office tonight? We got there about 5 minutes to game time at the Northside (I think) gate. The line moved SUPER slow. When I finally got close enough to hear what was going going on, I heard several students whose ID's wouldn't scan as well as the workers making people set up accounts to buy tickets. Meanwhile, we are shivering waiting in line and the line continues to get longer I am not going to give my name, number, etc. when trying to buy tickets with cash at the gate. The guy didn't ask for my info when I got to the front because so many people had already expressed their frustration.

This type of stuff will keep people from coming. Locals that can come to midweek games won't put up with it (neither will people who drive in for games). The powers that be need to realize that it is their own policies and decisions that make it more difficult to fill the stands. I plan on calling the ticket office in the morning but was curious to see if anyone else had issues.
Rudybryan
Sorry it took awhile to get you an answer but here it is......

Rudybryan

Got a little information on this. There were 11 students in line for entry whose ID's wouldn't scan. Overall not a lot, but enough to be a hassle and cause unnecessary delays if you happen to be the people in line behind them.

As for the new account set up that is something that is supposed to happen when purchasing during the week (assuming you do not already have an account), but is not supposed to happen on game days. You shouldn't have to put up with long lines and delays. Full disclosure - the staff working the window should have skipped that part and just moved people along. We have taken steps to address this issue moving forward. Some new staff members were working the window, and while the procedure was addressed, there is a period of adjustment, but we agree we can and will do better.

I appreciate you bringing it to our attention; the ticket office plans on going over this with the ticket window staff again so hopefully it won't be an issue. While this won't ever be perfect, that is our goal. You shouldn't have to wait to get in because of an issue on our part. If you experience any other issues, send an email to Mike Wright, Athletics PR and Communications: mwright@athletics.tamu.edu We'll work together to get this fixed.

Erich Birch | Director of Operations for Women's Basketball
Rudybryan
Well folks we have success. We now have a way to solve problems, Just post them and we will find solutions

Thanks to the WBB office Claudia and Eric for making themselves available for guidance
iisanaggie
AG
Thanks, Rudy! My week got crazy, and I hadn't had a chance to call yet. I always try to be really patient at the ticket window, but that night was just a little too much for my patience!
Rudybryan
Hope this solves your problem if not get back to me
alamoaggie64
AG
On the other hand, I found the folks very helpful the day of the Duke game. One guy was too helpful and led me inside to the pick-up table for Duke parents. the fellow manning that table sent me to Will Call and all was well.
Rudybryan
alamoaggie64 said:

On the other hand, I found the folks very helpful the day of the Duke game. One guy was too helpful and led me inside to the pick-up table for Duke parents. the fellow manning that table sent me to Will Call and all was well.
lmao
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.