TV schedule

4,713 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudybryan
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://12thman.com/news/2019/10/2/womens-basketball-to-have-13-games-broadcast-on-linear-television.aspx

I had never heard the term "linear TV" before
Quote:

COLLEGE STATION Texas A&M women's basketball has 13 regular-season games selected for linear television broadcast, as the 2019-20 broadcast schedule was revealed Wednesday. In addition, 12 other games have been selected for streaming exclusively on SEC Network + and the ESPN app.

The television schedule is highlighted by 11 SEC games, plus two non-conference games. Texas A&M's showdown at Mississippi State (Feb. 9, 12 p.m.) is slated for ESPN, while three Aggie games, at Tennessee (Feb. 16, 2 p.m.), Auburn (Feb. 23, 3 p.m.) and at South Carolina (Mar. 1, 11 a.m.) are slated for ESPN2.

The Aggies are scheduled for eight appearances on SEC Network, starting with a non-conference game with Houston (Dec. 15, 1 p.m.) at Reed Arena. Conference home games against Ole Miss (Jan. 6, 6 p.m.), LSU (Jan. 9, 8 p.m.), Florida (Jan. 19, 3 p.m.), Vanderbilt (Feb. 13, 8 p.m.) and Alabama (Feb. 27, 6 p.m.), plus road games at Kentucky (Jan. 16, 5:30 p.m.) and LSU (Feb. 2, 2 p.m.) are on SEC Network.

In addition, the Maggie Dixon Classic, which features Texas A&M against Florida State in Fort Worth, Texas (Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m.), has been picked up by Fox Sports Southwest. The Aggies' contest at Southern California (Nov. 23) has been picked up by USC's Pac-12 Plus live stream, with game time to be announced approximately 13 days before tip.

Rudybryan
news to me to - here's what I found - clear as mud

Linear TV is a real-time television service that broadcasts scheduled programs, conventionally over the air or through satellite/cable, not streamed to a specific user. Nearly, all broadcast television services count as linear TV.

Non-linear media is a form of media that can be interacted with by the consumer, such as by selecting television shows to watch through a video on demand type service, by playing a video game, by clicking through a website, or by interacting through social media.

Basically away to make us pay more so we can get extra shows ie pay for view, sports packges etc
Rudybryan
greg.w.h
AG
Rudybryan said:

Linear TV is a real-time television service that broadcasts scheduled programs, conventionally over the air or through satellite/cable, not streamed to a specific user. Nearly, all broadcast television services count as linear TV.

Non-linear media is a form of media that can be interacted with by the consumer, such as by selecting television shows to watch through a video on demand type service, by playing a video game, by clicking through a website, or by interacting through social media.

Basically away to male us pay more so we can get extra shows ie pay for view, sports packges etc

Linear is scheduled like a traditional channel and only one thing is shown at a time except alternative channels and wrap-around coverage. The SECN+ is streamed and many different events can be "cast" at the same time.

USUALLY both linear and + are available after the live event for viewing again for a short period of time as well. Broadcasts / streams carried by other carriers typically are NOT rebroadcast on SECN+ but may be available through the other carriers' streaming services.

We don't always get to see away games and neutral site games, so it's special when they are "cast" live. When we were in Iowa we bought the out of state 12 Man Productions package prior to the SECN launch and the SECN streaming quality is better than even the ESPN PPV quality in Iowa at the time. It's a great product.

If you want guidance in streaming, look at the baseball/softball forum pinned topic. Any specific new questions I am willing to help answer or research. Yes...that topic is long...
BQ92
AG
Thanks for trying to explain, but what??
Rudybryan
greg.w.h said:

Rudybryan said:

Basically away to male us pay more so we can get extra shows ie pay for view, sports packges etc

Linear is scheduled like a traditional channel and only one thing is shown at a time except alternative channels and wrap-around coverage. The SECN+ is streamed and many different events can be "cast" at the same time.

USUALLY both linear and + are available after the live event for viewing again for a short period of time as well. Broadcasts / streams carried by other carriers typically are NOT rebroadcast on SECN+ but may be available through the other carriers' streaming services.

We don't always get to see away games and neutral site games, so it's special when they are "cast" live. When we were in Iowa we bought the out of state 12 Man Productions package prior to the SECN launch and the SECN streaming quality is better than even the ESPN PPV quality in Iowa at the time. It's a great product.

If you want guidance in streaming, look at the baseball/softball forum pinned topic. Any specific new questions I am willing to help answer or research. Yes...that topic is long...
Bottom line we just ask you to post the who and where and how much to watch our girls - as my hair gets grayer life gets more complicated....
Rudybryan
Rudybryan
2019-20 Texas A&M Women's Basketball Schedule
Fri., Nov. 1 Oklahoma City (exhibition) (Reed Arena) 6 p.m.
Tues., Nov. 5 Little Rock (Reed Arena) 7 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Nov. 10 Duke (Reed Arena) 3 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Nov. 17 at Rice (Tudor Fieldhouse, Houston) TBA
Sat., Nov. 23 at Southern California (Los Angeles) TBA Pac-12 Plus
Wed., Nov. 27 Prairie View (Reed Arena) 6 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Dec. 1 vs. Florida State (Schollmaier Arena, Fort Worth) 7:30 p.m. FSSW
Wed., Dec. 4 Central Arkansas (Reed Arena) 11 a.m. SECN+
Sat., Dec. 7 Oklahoma State (Reed Arena) 7 p.m. SECN+
Wed., Dec. 11 TCU (Reed Arena) 7 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Dec. 15 Houston (Reed Arena) 1 p.m. SEC Network
Fri., Dec. 20 vs. Georgia Tech (Guaynabo, P.R.) 3 p.m. Sport Tours Streaming
Sat., Dec. 21 vs. Montana State (Guaynabo, P.R.) 3 p.m. Sport Tours Streaming
Sun., Dec. 29 Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (Reed Arena) 3 p.m. SECN+
Thu., Jan. 2 at Arkansas (Fayetteville, Ark.) 8:05 p.m. SECN+ (Whip-Around)
Mon., Jan. 6 Ole Miss (Reed Arena) 6 p.m. SEC Network
Thu., Jan. 9 LSU (Reed Arena) 8 p.m. SEC Network
Thu., Jan. 16 at Kentucky (Lexington, Ky.) 5:30 p.m. SEC Network
Sun., Jan. 19 Florida (Reed Arena) 3 p.m. SEC Network
Thu., Jan. 23 at Alabama (Tuscaloosa, Ala.) 7 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Jan. 26 Missouri (Reed Arena) 3 p.m. SECN+
Thu., Jan. 30 Georgia (Reed Arena) 7 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Feb. 2 at LSU (Baton Rouge, La.) 2 p.m. SEC Network
Sun., Feb. 9 at Mississippi State (Starkville, Miss.) 12 p.m. - ESPN
Thu., Feb. 13 Vanderbilt (Reed Arena) 8 p.m. SEC Network
Sun., Feb. 16 at Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.) 2 p.m. ESPN2

Our last 4 league games

Thu., Feb. 20 at Georgia (Athens, Ga.) 6 p.m. SECN+
Sun., Feb. 23 Auburn (Reed Arena) 3 p.m. ESPN2
Thu., Feb. 27 Alabama (Reed Arena) 6 p.m. SEC Network
Sun., Mar. 1 at South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.) 11 a.m. ESPN2

SEC Tournament

Wed., Mar. 4 SEC Tournament First Round (Greenville, S.C.) SEC Network
Thu., Mar. 5 SEC Tournament Second Round (Greenville, S.C.) SEC Network
Fri., Mar. 6 SEC Tournament Quarterfinals (Greenville, S.C.) SEC Network
Sat., Mar. 7 SEC Tournament Semifinals (Greenville, S.C.) ESPNU
Sun., Mar. 8 SEC Tournament Finals (Greenville, S.C.) 1 p.m. ESPN2

Rudybryan
coldmoose
Thanks Rudybryan for laying this out. Very helpful.
greg.w.h
AG
With respect to Pac-12: I'm on Spectrum on a tier that only broadcasts the primary Pac-12 Network linear channel and does not enable access via the PAC-12 Now app. Depending on your package you might be able to use that app.

I use the ESPN app for ESPN streaming (ESPN 1,2,U, SECN, ACCN, and LHN all stream linear via the app. SECN+ and the ACCN also have additional streams usually produced by the school when not featured on the linear.)

I used Fox Sports Go app for FSSW streams.

Note that for any of these to work you need a userid for the media provider and it must include entitlements for each.

Many of these are available on AppleTV or Roku as well as iOS and Android phones.

Hope that helps.
greg.w.h
AG
I guess I should add: I don't mind if others seek to stream without paying for a license. But I won't help you.
Rudybryan
Thanks Greg.....helps alot .......I go back to the rabbit ear days......
I manage to find the games....terminology has me stumped

Rudybryan
Rudybryan
Ttt
Rudybryan
Rudybryan
Ttt
Rudybryan
ttt
Rudybryan
Ttt
greg.w.h
AG
Tonight's NCAA Women's Div I Tournament volleyball game again Rice is streaming on SECN+ at 6:30pm Central. Though if you're in BCS please go to the game. They did a fantastic job with regional 13th seed St. John's sweeping 3-0.

The next challenging games to watch for the WBB team will be the Puerto Rico Classic Dec 20-21. Everyone should fly there to make it easier to watch!!!!
biobioprof
greg.w.h said:

Tonight's NCAA Women's Div I Tournament volleyball game again Rice is streaming on SECN+ at 6:30pm Central. Though if you're in BCS please go to the game. They did a fantastic job with regional 13th seed St. John's sweeping 3-0.

The next challenging games to watch for the WBB team will be the Puerto Rico Classic Dec 20-21. Everyone should fly there to make it easier to watch!!!!

Students are getting in free too.
greg.w.h
AG
biobioprof said:

greg.w.h said:

Students are getting in free too.
I didn't get to watch much but we win 3-1 after spotting Rice a set. Great comeback!!!

Wisconsin or UCLA next!!! SWEET 16!!
Rudybryan
Ttt
Rudybryan
Ttt
Rudybryan
Ttt
Rudybryan
ttt
Rudybryan
ttt
Rudybryan
ttt
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.