Sydney Colson

1,475 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fitzwatema
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WTG Sydney - you just made my subscription to WNBA worth while

Texas A&M Women's Basketball
Official

Aggie Legend, Sydney Colson, has signed with the Las Vegas Aces of the WNBA for the upcoming 2019 season.

: aggi.es/2VuO9up

#aggieATMosphere #GigEm

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Rudybryan
You'll get to see her play when they play in Dallas\

Aces Sign Guard Sydney Colson
May 13, 2019

LAS VEGAS (May 13, 2019)Las Vegas Aces General Manager Dan Padover announced today that the team has signed free agent guard Sydney Colson.

The five-year WNBA veteran and 2011 NCAA Champion was originally drafted by the Connecticut Sun with the 16th overall pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft. She was traded to New York shortly thereafter, and played 16 games for the Liberty during her rookie campaign.

For the next several seasons Colson played professionally in Poland, but she returned to the WNBA in 2015 when she signed a free agent contract with the San Antonio Stars. Over the next three years, Colson played in 96 of the team's 102 games, and averaged 3.9 points and 2.5 assists.

Last season, Colson was one of the Ace's last cuts in training camp. She Signed with Minnesota in August of 2018, playing in two games for the Lynx down the stretch.

From 2015-17, the Houston, Texas native also served as an assistant coach at Rice, where she helped guide the Owls to a 22-win season in 2016-17, along with the Women's Basketball Invitational (WBI) Championship.

Rudybryan
Rudybryan
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
biobioprof
A sign that I'm getting old is that I think I had seen this but forgot when I made my later post on the same news.
ontheway
coldmoose
Rudybryan
Acting career can wait for Aces' veteran guard

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/aces-wnba/acting-career-can-wait-for-aces-veteran-guard-1664313/?fbclid=IwAR2KzK9RMBRdLAWJGRp3wNHbABRXtjQYYmV6BBaOn1Oegj-5lUY8KjcJ044

She still has that sweet shot!!!

fitzwatema
AG
That was a great article about Sydney! I hope she can make the team this year and lead them to great success. She is such a grounded person and player. Best of luck to her!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.