Ciera gets her Ring

1,783 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudybryan
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trackaggie76
AG
Makes me happy to see student-athletes really embrace the Aggie Spirit and appreciate what the ring symbolizes to all former students.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm glad teammates celebrate with them. We sponsor intercollegiate athletics to create these accomplishments, memories, and enduring friendships.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
cs69ag
AG
Sure beats the late 60's when you went to the basement of the YMCA and was handed your ring.
Then you just left with no celebration. It took 95 hrs in those days.
JR69
AG
cs69ag said:

Sure beats the late 60's when you went to the basement of the YMCA and was handed your ring.
Then you just left with no celebration. It took 95 hrs in those days.
I stopped by the Y between classes to pick mine up - didn't really care about making a big deal out of it. The ring itself was my personal big deal.
Kbeauty63
AG
I walked down on my lunch hour from G. Rollie to the Association, got my ring & then walked back. No hoopla...
cs69ag
AG
I agree that The Ring is the Thing no matter how you receive it!
monarch
S
That's cool. Glad for her.
Peace for Ukraine!
sharpdressedman
I recall getting mine at the MSC, in an office just beyond the reading room under the guest rooms.
Thymes
I was a non-traditional student with a full-time job who managed to squeeze in a couple of graduate classes each semester in pursuit of my master's degree.

Having completed all of the coursework, I got signed off for my ring, put down the money, and anxiously awaited ring day.

My fiancee and her two young kids by her first marriage accompanied me. Being in my mid-40s, I was probably the oldest student picking up his ring that day.

Before we went to the table where the rings were, we were directed to another table. It was labeled "Project Safety" or some words to that effect. This was the era when the school was doing its best to discourage ring dunking as part of a campaign to limit alcohol abuse. It wasn't mandatory, but were were asked to sign a safety pledge, that is, not to dunk our ring in alcohol.

Okay, I signed the pledge. In return, students gave me a bag containing various trinkets--all with some kind of safety theme. Then they noticed my fiancee's two kids, ages 7 and 5, and gave each of them a little bag also.

Suddenly, the student in charge of the table came over with a sense of urgency, and asked the kids for their bags. She went around the other side of the table and removed two items from each bag. Then she gave them back to the children with a smile.

What did she remove? Two condoms!

Project Safety, I guess.

Rudybryan
lmao
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.