WBB coaching carousel 2019

2,736 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudybryan
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last seen at Reed Arena...

Kieger is leaving her alma mater. Saw somewhere that the Buffalo coach turned them down.

I figure TN will continue to get their own threads.
greg.w.h
AG
Nice stability and reach. Still eligible to play???
biobioprof
Rudybryan
found this on volnation

Vic Schafer would be my first choice. But my man Vic got outcoached against Oregon. Kelly Graves had his team pulling big T way out from under the basket. Then Oregon players drove behind her for easy baskets. She then also was not in place to get defensive rebounds. I hope Phil inquires into Kelly Graves and Vic.
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

found this on volnation

Vic Schafer would be my first choice. But my man Vic got outcoached against Oregon. Kelly Graves had his team pulling big T way out from under the basket. Then Oregon players drove behind her for easy baskets. She then also was not in place to get defensive rebounds. I hope Phil inquires into Kelly Graves and Vic.
They're really nuts over there.

It amazes me that with all the names they're dropping that they haven't proposed having Rick Barnes coach the women.
MUAG
Fun to read their website. At first just wanted rid of Holly (anyone could coach better) . Now if don't get Gino, Vic, Muffy, or Kim, are going to be highly upset. Fans!
MUAG
biobioprof
Volnation is now distracted by Barnes to UCLA rumors.

Will they have any money left to hire a coach for the LVs?
Rudybryan
Posted on forum 2 min ago

According to Russell W Smith @ WKGN (Knoxville) and other twitter cites, Kellie Harper will be named the new Lady Vol Head Coach.
fitzwatema
AG
Rudybryan said:

Posted on forum 2 min ago

According to Russell W Smith @ WKGN (Knoxville) and other twitter cites, Kellie Harper will be named the new Lady Vol Head Coach.
I was really hoping she would stay at Missouri State, but when a marquee program comes calling and your ties run deep you go.
biobioprof

Nell, yes?
Rudybryan
Good Choice
biobioprof
Rudybryan
ell that doesn't show well.....wonder what we happen with their recruiting
biobioprof
Sherri Coale has been on a bit of a hot seat for underperforming the past few years. They were a controversial at-large in 2017-18 and lost Nancy Mulkey and Chelsea Dungee as transfers to Rice and Arkansas. This past season they had the first losing record in 21 years and missed the post-season entirely. Some thought Coale would be forced out. Instead, she got rid of a couple of assistant coaches who had been with her a long time.

To rebuild her staff she's now hired two high profile assistants:

Stiles could have stayed at Missouri State, but would have been working for a new HC. Coale had recruited Stiles as a player.
Rudybryan
Mechelle let's loose on this one.....

Is North Carolina really committed to returning women's basketball to the top?

Mechelle Voepel
espnW.com

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26640765/is-north-carolina-really-committed-returning-women-basketball-top
Rudybryan
SHERYL SWOOPES

from Kris Gardner at Houston Roundball Review

"Sources tell me Sheryl Swoopes is interested in being the next women's basketball head coach at Texas Southern University. The job became available earlier this week when former Texas Southern head coach, Johnetta Havesi, resigned to become the new head coach at the University of Maryland Baltimore County.

Swoopes is no stranger to the city of Houston. After winning an NCAA title at Texas Tech, Swoopes was part of four WNBA championships with the Houston Comets. She Swoopes was head coach at Loyola University in Chicago from 2013 to 2016. In 2017, Texas Tech hired her as Director of Player Development for women's basketball. In December 2018, CyFair Premier, a prominent girls' basketball grassroots / AAU program, named Swoopes the Director of Player Development and Recruiting.

Texas Southern is conducting a nation-wide search for the next women's basketball head coach."

- April 27, 2019
Rudybryan
Former Vandy head coach Melanie Balcomb has been hired at Purdue as an assistant coach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.