The Program The Season The Future

1,001 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by trackaggie76
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like many of us, I have been concerned about the program since the 2011 NC and the following no. 2 recruiting class. Had some good players, some ups and downs, maybe some chemistry issues at times, etc. Just never could get back near than 2011-2012 year. Seemed like mostly under achieving.

Been wondering about GB and his staff/ Seemed like bu am t.u. getting too much of the Texas talent.
Couldn't really see much improvement in the post players year to year.. Wondering if we had anyone who could coach the 4 and 5 positions. Wondering if the game had passed GB with all the motion offenses, spreading the floor and the 3 point shooters. Never seemed like we had enough depth, played enough people or developed what we had to the extent us fans wanted and expected. Where are the Mary Ann Baker types and the Skylar Collins types when you need then?

Re this year, what a great season...and to be picked 6th and finish 3rd with a soph team, and 4 new starters!
All of a sudden, it looks like the coaches got smart again ! Certainly the chemistry was better and the future looks great. We saw tremendous improvement in Wells, Jones, Washington and Johnson. as the season wore on.
Carter was Carter, probably playing better on D and getting better with assists. All this without Wilson. Hosting a sub regional is huge for this team. 2 wins would further validate the turn around, Nothing to lose if we get to play ND gain. I think ND will repeat as NC, but rooting for Vic. Our losses this year were all close games except vs MSU at Reed.

So, next year we have all the starters back, Wilson hopefully recovered and back. a 4 star point guard named McKenzie Green coming in...she looks like the real deal in her highlights film! We have the two tall post players from Colorado State and UCLA will be eligible...GB will be loaded next year! If we continue to see development and improvement on O at the 4 and 5 positions, watch out!

For fun, I looked at tournament locations as I expect us to be pretty highly seeded next year.
The SEC is back in Greenville, but the NC is in New Orleans with one of the 4 regionals in Dallas!
Nice opportunity for basically a Junior team! And then for their Senior year, the NC is in San Antonio at the Alamodome with one regional in Austin! Could be some convenient fun times for the team and the fans!!

If only the concessions were better and cheaper . Had to end with an area that needs work!
coloradoag69
AG
Thanks for the analysis, CS69Ag. Looks like us older Ags like to watch the Ladies win.

I think folks undervalue Carter's defense. She jumps really well and has found how to disrupt the passing lanes consistently.

Getting more quality players is a must to take a run at the final 4. We simply can't rely on 6 players to carry the load again next year, if we want a more favorable seed. We were really fortunate to do as well as we did with so few players.

As you can tell by my handle, I'm too far away to attend games as Reed. However, I would hope Woodward and his staff would do everything possible to increase the attendance, including dropping the admission prices if necessary. Our Ladies have been consistently the most winning sport on campus, running close to the Lady's soccer team and the track teams (inherently not a large spectator sport).

Frankly, the same is true for men's basketball. Past attendance even with tournament men's teams haven't resulted in consistently good attendance. I hope to see both our basketball teams see the increased support they deserve.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
cs69ag
AG
The women's season and individual ticket prices are really reasonable for the regular season,
The NCAA tournament prices a re a little high and you have to pay for parking.
tom59
AG
And you get bad seats. Last time my season ticket seats were not filled and I was told they had to keep them open. Watching on TV this year.
Kbeauty63
AG
the first year I had tickets & we hosted - I *did* get my regular seats (they're the 'cheap ones') and they were by the other teams' band! (Normally I'm by Hullabaloo). Last year I picked my seats - and they were in the section behind the Aggie bench (actually over the tunnel the Aggie come out!) and it was AWESOME
trackaggie76
AG
I pre-ordered seats for this weekend's games. Anybody heard anything about their order?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.