Texas A&M To Host NCAA Selection Party Monday

2,916 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cs69ag
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas A&M To Host NCAA Selection Party Monday

COLLEGE STATION Texas A&M women's basketball fans are encouraged to join the team for their annual Selection Show party on Monday, March 18 in the women's practice gym at the Cox-McFerrin Center for Aggie Basketball, as the Aggies expect to be selected to their 14th straight NCAA Tournament.
Doors open for the free event at 5 p.m. and the Selection Show begins at 6 p.m. on ESPN, with light hors d'oeuvres for those in attendance. Parking is in Lot-100 F and G for the selection show, and fans are encouraged to arrive early for best seating.
Texas A&M, at 24-7 on the season, is considered a strong candidate to be a top-16 seed and host First and Second Round games between March 22-25 at Reed Arena. Tickets will be available Monday night to the general public, should Texas A&M earn a top-16 seed, through the 12th Man Foundation Ticket Center online at www.12thManFoundation.com or by phone at 1-888-99-AGGIE.
Because of the NCAA seating configuration for 1st and 2nd round events, season ticket holders cannot be guaranteed their season location. During the NCAA Tournament, no floor seats are available and most of the courtside seats are reserved for the participating teams.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
LawHall88
AG
Apparently the Bracket was inadvertently leaked by ESPN...
PJYoung
AG
4 seed hosting Wright State Friday matched up with Marquette/Rice

trackaggie76
AG
Oh well!!!!
greg.w.h
AG
YES!!!

But don't tell anyone...
CDub06
AG
Spoiler

Kbeauty63
AG
I was hoping for Sat/Mon schedule...parking will be a NIGHTMARE....
aggieFann
aggieFann
CDub06
AG
I don't see how it's not an awkward and clunky broadcast now. I might tune in just for that.
trackaggie76
AG
Will everybody fake being excited?

I bet somebody at ESPNU is going to get their hand spanked!!!
BQ_90
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

I was hoping for Sat/Mon schedule...parking will be a NIGHTMARE....
Why?

NM see the times
BQ92
AG
FIRST ROUND - FRIDAY, MARCH 22

Marquette vs. Rice
1 P.M.
Texas A&M vs. Wright State
3 P.M.
Gap
AG
Does anyone know more than TBA for Sunday's time? I'm not going to buy the ticket package before knowing if I can attend.
Cedar09
Ugh 3pm tip on Friday!
BQ92
AG
Gap said:

Does anyone know more than TBA for Sunday's time? I'm not going to buy the ticket package before knowing if I can attend.

It's only a guess, but I would imagine we would be early on Sunday since we are early on Friday.
trackaggie76
AG
Wonder how many working fans will even be able to come to the Friday game?
biobioprof
trackaggie76 said:

Wonder how many working fans will even be able to come to the Friday game?
I'd rather have the better attendance for game 2. And Friday might be slightly better to get on campus than Monday, IMO, due to some students leaving town for the weekend.

I'll be walking from my office.
Kbeauty63
AG
I am taking vacation
trackaggie76
AG
Yep I'm taking vacation Friday afternoon.
mullokmotx
AG
Did I miss the part where the ESPN panel talked about us or did they even do it. Gary seemed to not like what they did. The whole thing left Gary and Steve Miller wondering what to do but they did a good job of going with the flow.
mullokag
Kbeauty63
AG
They didn't say ANYTHING about A&M. They talked to Louisville, Baylor, Norte Dame coaches, talked to the chair of the selection committee & there was a sound bite with Geno. They didn't talk to Vic - IMO it was not a good thing
Rudybryan
Gary was not pleased that ESPN went away from heir usual format bec of their self created mess. Don't feel lonely we didn't get mentioned but Gary was really upset u had either 3/4 teams that never been or hadn't been dancing in years and they got flat screwed with no mention nor did they show their announcement because all had student fan parties planned like us

Really good turnout last night at gym now everyone hring your friends on Friday
hsvag
I assume there were others like me, i.e. saw on TexAgs (around 4:30) about the leak and the 4 PM selection show, did not get the WBB tweet that the Reed selection show would continue at 6, and cancelled plans to attend the selection show. Watched the remainder of the 4:00 show (A&M was mentioned - Chennedy's finger).
cs69ag
AG
There was actually 3 hrs of coverage with some being redundant...it was 4-5 pm, then 6-7 pm and 7-8 pm on ESPNU. I watched almost all of it. MSU and Vic got lots of coverage and footage...showed him walking 4 bull dogs and showed their watch party too. Long discussion in the 7-8 pm segment on his great coaching job at MSU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.