Debateable Eight reveal today

1,475 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Rudybryan
Guess its going to be late....over 5 min left in ACC game
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

Guess its going to be late....over 5 min left in ACC game
not clear when within the show it will be.
biobioprof
arkansas
auburn
indiana
ohio
princeton
tenn
tcu
ucf

eta: Princeton will get the Ivy auto bid but not over when they announced.
BQ92
AG
If Tenn gets in it will because of their brand. I do not think they are deserving.

biobioprof
BQ92 said:

If Tenn gets in it will because of their brand. I do not think they are deserving.

Princeton being on the list meant that even if they lost the Ivy they would have been on the bubble. That means 4 of the remaining 7 are the last 4 in.

It's easy to criticize taking Tennessee because they are clearly the biggest underachievers in WBB this year. But to leave them off you have to justify taking 4 of those 7 ahead of them.

From what I'm seeing elsewhere, Indiana has the strongest resume of the debatable 7 based on a win vs a top 10 Iowa. But they also lost to Grambling and like Tenn they have a losing conf record.

UCF has a good RPI and is expected to be in. To me that reflects problems in how RPI works more than quality from UCF. Getting crushed by UConn 3 times helped them. Their only win vs a team expected to be in the tourney is Quinnipiac.

Auburn is expected to make the last 4 in.

That leaves Ohio, TCU, and Arkansas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.