Texas A&M Athletics names Wright as Director of PR and Stragetic Communications

1,434 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe there is hope......

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/AM-names-Wright-Director-of-Public-Relations-and-Stragetic-Communications--506675311.html
Raven
S
Excellent choice !
Bucketrunner
He'll be wonderful at this
cs69ag
AG
Fantasic!
BQ_90
AG
outstanding hire
biobioprof
I like Mike a lot as an announcer (despite his tendencies to overuse "dagger" and confuse the sideline and the baseline) but I have no idea whether or not this is a good hire or not in terms of the things we complain about wrt marketing.

Will he be able to get rid of the DJ?
Will he be able to fix the stuff we complained about for the 12thman.com website?

I have no idea.

Of course, if he lurks here and listens to us, then great hire!
DogCompany74
AG
I'm not sure what this job entails but if it is just for basketball then it is a terrific first step.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
biobioprof
DogCompany74 said:

I'm not sure what this job entails but if it is just for basketball then it is a terrific first step.
sounds like it's not just wbb

Quote:

In his new role with athletics, Wright will provide strategic communications counsel for the director of athletics and senior staff, while also directing the communications and brand oversight of the department of athletics. He will also work closely with Texas A&M University and System administration to advance university priorities and increase brand awareness.

"I've enjoyed a working relationship with many on the communications team and will learn from them during this time of transition, working collaboratively to capitalize on this incredibly exciting time in Texas A&M Athletics," Wright added.

"Texas A&M has unique stories to tell. Recognized as a leader in education and research, teams that contend for conference and national titles and impressive facilities serve as catalysts for an unparalleled reputation as a truly world-class university. Being part of Texas A&M Athletics allows me to play a small role in expanding our dedication to Building Champions."

trackaggie76
AG
This sounds like the position previously filled by Jason Cook.
biobioprof
trackaggie76 said:

So can Mike get rid of the bevel?
greg.w.h
AG
biobioprof said:

trackaggie76 said:

So can Mike get rid of the bevel?

Hmmmmmm....
alamoaggie 64
Is he the one that left after the championship season to go to Baylor?
trackaggie76
AG
alamoaggie 64 said:

Is he the one that left after the championship season to go to Baylor?
Yep
alamoaggie 64
I recall meeting his wife and kids before the team left the hotel for the Stanford game in Indianapolis. Seemed like a really nice young family.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.