***** BTHO Miss State!! *****

11,522 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jja79
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Miss State is favored by double digits and the conventional wisdom is that the loss to Mizzou will mean they come in extra focused. The two teams that beat them are constructed very differently than the Ags. Both Oregon and Mizzou shoot more 3s than we do and run more motion.

Despite all that, I think we can beat them. IMO, any extra motivation from the loss is likely to be within the error of how motivated both teams will be, starting with Gary vs Vic and adding in Anriel's retun to Reed Arena. We don't have the lineup to do what Oregon and Mizzou did, but I will be interested to see how we attack their D. Posting Ciera up doesn't seem like a good idea, but if we can move the ball when McCowan helps, we could do better in the paint than people expect.

On defense I think we're going to see lots of help on McCowan. Dare Anriel to shoot the 3s she's fallen in love with? Box out instead of trying to block shots.

Officiating could be big today too. If we can get Lashes in foul trouble it would help.

Hope we get a good crowd despite the overlap with baseball. We'll be at Reed.
fitzwatema
AG
biobioprof said:

Miss State is favored by double digits and the conventional wisdom is that the loss to Mizzou will mean they come in extra focused. The two teams that beat them are constructed very differently than the Ags. Both Oregon and Mizzou shoot more 3s than we do and run more motion.

Despite all that, I think we can beat them. IMO, any extra motivation from the loss is likely to be within the error of how motivated both teams will be, starting with Gary vs Vic and adding in Anriel's retun to Reed Arena. We don't have the lineup to do what Oregon and Mizzou did, but I will be interested to see how we attack their D. Posting Ciera up doesn't seem like a good idea, but if we can move the ball when McCowan helps, we could do better in the paint than people expect.

On defense I think we're going to see lots of help on McCowan. Dare Anriel to shoot the 3s she's fallen in love with? Box out instead of trying to block shots.

Officiating could be big today too. If we can get Lashes in foul trouble it would help.

Hope we get a good crowd despite the overlap with baseball. We'll be at Reed.
Great Post! Aggies definitely need to limit McCowan's damage inside and force the outside shots, especially the three's. Aggies have to box out and limit Miss. St.'s touches on the offensive end. I would love to see the Aggies with some high low post action and hopefully hit some early outside shots to loosen that inside up for Ciera. Gig'em Aggies!
aggietoolman
AG
10-8 MSST. 4:55 in 1st
aggieFann
We're in it so far! We need to limit their one 3-point offensive threat from getting hot. If we keep attacking the rim we can get them in foul trouble
BQ92
AG
usually a star the caliber of Carter gets the benefit of calls (usually too much). For some reason it is consistently against her.

aggietoolman
AG
18-15 MSST. 2:20
aggieFann
McCowan with 2 fouls!!
aggietoolman
AG
24-20 Ags after 1st
aggieFann
Carter with 16 points in the 1st quarter!!
aggieFann
Announcers just stated we shot 67% in the 1st Quarter. Let's keep it up and keep them off the offensive glass
BQ92
AG
aggieFann said:

Carter with 16 points in the 1st quarter!!

And the best part of that stat is she hasn't gone off with a ton of bad shots.
aggietoolman
AG
24-20 Ags. 8:53 in 2nd
Sports-Ag
AG
I thought this game was going to be later in the day. Missed the first quarter and Carter already with 16 points.

Ags need to take advantage with the foul troubles from Miss St.
aggieFann
Can' someone tell me why Ciera is on the bench and why Sham keeps guarding Anriel? We seem to be struggling at the start of this quarter
aggietoolman
AG
34-29 MSST. 5:10 in 2nd
aggieFann
Our bigs are struggling scoring against their bench posts
aggietoolman
AG
43-36 MSST at half
BQ92
AG
Missing bunnies hasn't helped that either
biobioprof
MSU run came with both McCowan and Howard on the bench
aggieFann
I'm not sure how I feel about us being down with most of their starters were on the bench. That wasn't a good 2nd Quarter. Hopefully Blair adjusts for some things after halftime. We have to stop missing bunnies as well. Carter at least needs to hit the rim if she's going to continue shooting from deep.
BQ_90
AG
We will need best half of the year to come back
aggieFann
This 3rd Quarter is crucial. We can't afford to get too far behind . Let's go Ags
BQ_90
AG
Ass kicking contest now
aggietoolman
AG
57-44 MSST. 5:58 in 3rd

MSST dropping 3s
aggieFann
How long is it going to take the players and coaches to stay with Espinoza !!! Seriously she hasn't attempted a single two pointer yet we keep giving her space with a slow close out. That's the difference in the game right now
aggieFann
Come on Coach Starkey with the defensive schemes
BQ92
AG
Both teams are shooting 44% but they have 18 more attempts. Ouch.
aggieFann
Double techs on McCowan and Carter
aggietoolman
AG
Tech on Carter and McCowan each
BQ_90
AG
aggieFann said:

Come on Coach Starkey with the defensive schemes

That's funny
aggietoolman
AG
61-46 MSST. 4:26 in 3rd
aggieFann
Offensively our percentages aren't bad but we have had major defensive breakdowns. We can't afford to trade baskets. We need more defensive stops and rebounding. McCowan is back on the bench so we need to really get inside if we can
Houstonag
AG
We are getting out played due to no hustle. We lose focus.
aggieFann
Fourth foul on Carter. Does any coach ever talk to her about some of the silly things she does? I see her smiling a lot with the bench after certain fouls or turnovers
aggietoolman
AG
70-52 MSST after 3rd
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.