***** BTHO Lamar!!! *****

7,039 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rudybryan
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carter had seven assists her last game !
biobioprof
aggieflyer said:

We went to almost every game last year. We watched Blair continue to brag on Carter. She was a continual ball hog "all about me" and you could see the spirit of the team slowly evaporate. So, 2 good "team players" transferred. Couple that with lazy recruiting and you have what we saw today. Uninspired chaos.
Blair is to blame.
I went to almost every home game (didn't go on the road or to the tourney). I went to a lot of the radio shows from Rudy's the past couple of years too. I really didn't see it the same way as you. In hindsight I think Blair was worried about stroking Anriel even you I would have thought that the upperclassman should be more mature about the situation than the fish.

For example, I was struck by how the opening video at our home games was Anriel instead of Beyonce or some other pop musician like it had been for years. Blair made a big point about giving Anriel the game ball after Carter hit the game winner vs DePaul. Anriel deserved it for keeping us in the first half... but he hasn't given out game balls before.

We also heard that Danni had been unhappy the whole time she was here. There had even been a transfer rumor about her on a national site after her freshman year. How do you blame that on Carter? To me, Danni leaving is in some ways a slow motion version of Peyton Little. Exceptional 3 point shooter who had trouble with Blair's philosophy of looking for other shots before taking the 3. I think that led both of them to struggle with their deep shooting because they had been infected with the idea that they had to decide whether to shoot or drive when they got the ball.

Recruiting deserves a separate thread, IMO.
Kbeauty63
AG
They were late because they wanted Chick-fil-a & not the meal served before the team left And they didn't hold the bus - a basketball assistant had to take them to Easterwood
Tzone
Danni requested her release after every season, not a rumour. No, she played absolutely no defense and had the green light to shoot at any time. GB absolutely stroked Anriel which stunted the growth of Jones. He would keep her in games until a double double was achieved. She was playing at Vanderbilt with over a 30 point lead.....

I don't know where the lazy recruiting thing comes from. It's not sexy, but they don't offer any and everyone. They have 9 sophomores and the 2018 class was 2 MAA (Wilson & Johnson), 2 JUCOS and
1 grad transfer.
Bucketrunner
Listen to TZone. He knows what he's talking about.

Even our national championship team didn't start fast out of the gate. This is Blair's style. He builds for the NCAA's. I'm tickled he's using the bench more to build depth, something that has not always happened.

I choose to enjoy watching the development of the players and thinking about how stout this team will be in the future.
Reno Hightower
Team building and Chick-fil-a! That's all they need.
Tzone
First time I've been accused of that!
Wicked Good Ag
Let me ask you in this day and age what is the issue with using transfers to fill holes.
I understand you want to get the best players for your system or get a system to maximize the ability of the players you get. Nowadays it seems new system of roster manipulation can be done without focusing solely on the HS ranks.

This game wasn't about the roster it was about a team who got out played out hustled and missed too many under the baskets shots without be defended in ADDITION to having no understanding of their roles absent of Carter.
What I hope that occurs is the team can learn to play with Carter and without because she has this season a propensity to commit too many fouls without playing lockdown defense

What I think GB should have done is at least have some attempts from three to see if we could hit a few and open up the lane but even opening up the lane we missed shots that go in 80% of the time.
greg.w.h
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Let me ask you in this day and age what is the issue with using transfers to fill holes.
I understand you want to get the best players for your system or get a system to maximize the ability of the players you get. Nowadays it seems new system of roster manipulation can be done without focusing solely on the HS ranks.

This game wasn't about the roster it was about a team who got out played out hustled and missed too many under the baskets shots without be defended in ADDITION to having no understanding of their roles absent of Carter.
What I hope that occurs is the team can learn to play with Carter and without because she has this season a propensity to commit too many fouls without playing lockdown defense

What I think GB should have done is at least have some attempts from three to see if we could hit a few and open up the lane but even opening up the lane we missed shots that go in 80% of the time.

We have transfers. The team will get better. Playing without Chennedy should cause the rest of the team to work harder to earn passes and shots. Yes: Blair puts the best talent on the floor and treats them as favorites. Nothing new. And hasn't missed a single NCAA after his second season and has multiple S16 and E8 trips.

I think there is room for emphasizing fundamentals and hopefully with final exams coming up and then out of the way by the 11th the team will be able to get more focused practices and coaching to address that.
CarmineCarlucci
Not sure what "backstabbing" you think Vic did. He did not influence Anriel to leave.
lilsportag02
AG
Toxic locker room environment is starting to show. I don't blame Howard or Williams for leaving.
greg.w.h
AG
lilsportag02 said:

Toxic locker room environment is starting to show. I don't blame Howard or Williams for leaving.

I don't believe you. Evidence or it didn't happen.
lilsportag02
AG
Bingo!
Tzone
Locker room isn't toxic. It's actually better. The people who were jealous of Chennedy and the special treatment she received are gone. People don't realize that college basketball is a winning business. If Emmit Smith was late for a meeting, Jimmy Johnson would ask if he needed a ride. A non drafted rookie would get cut for the same offense. Get it? The way that she behaves speaks more to upbringing than it does to coaching.

Furthermore, this team is not jealous of her because they all know their roles and are more focused on winning games than Chennedy getting all of the publicity. If you focus on individual stats and glory, it breads discontent. Focus on winning and there's enough light to shine on everyone. UConn with 3 first round draft pics and the only one that anyone can readily name is Brianna Stewart.
greg.w.h
AG
Tzone said:

Locker room isn't toxic. It's actually better. The people who were jealous of Chennedy and the special treatment she received are gone. People don't realize that college basketball is a winning business. If Emmit Smith was late for a meeting, Jimmy Johnson would ask if he needed a ride. A non drafted rookie would get cut for the same offense. Get it? The way that she behaves speaks more to upbringing than it does to coaching.

Furthermore, this team is not jealous of her because they all know their roles and are more focused on winning games than Chennedy getting all of the publicity. If you focus on individual stats and glory, it breads discontent. Focus on winning and there's enough light to shine on everyone. UConn with 3 first round draft pics and the only one that anyone can readily name is Brianna Stewart.

Maya...
greg.w.h
AG
Kiah Stokes, too. But she was at LinnMar High School with my daughter when we lived in Marion, Iowa...
Rudybryan
so stay home

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.