***** BTHO Syracuse!! *****

4,215 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggieFann said:

Does anyone think we should go zone or stick to this "man" defense?
I don't know how much the team has practiced zone, and Cuse sees it every day in practice, so I wouldn't.

eta: also Syracuse loves shooting 3s.
biobioprof
4 fouls on Carter.
Rudybryan
71-64 aggies coming alive only 2 min to go
aggieFann
I've said it before and I'm going to say it again Rael-Whitsitt needs more minutes!!! She's changed the game these last few possessions.
biobioprof
aggieFann said:

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again Rael-Whitsitt needs more minutes!!! She's changed the game these last few possessions.
THIS!!!
czar_iv
AG
Rael-Whitsitt needs to play more
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
czar_iv
AG
Rael-Whitsitt has had so many steals, rebounds, and blocks in the last few minutes; it is crazy.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
biobioprof
Carter fouls out.
aggieFann
Even though it was a wide open 3 attempt, I would've preferred u to attack the basket instead especially since it's free throws after every foul
Rudybryan
biobioprof
Well, we made it interesting.
aggieFann
That 3rd quarter was our Achilles. We need to work on defense and stop giving up offensive rebounds.

However, if we play with the same energy we played the last few minutes of the 4th during the entire game we would've been in a better position.

Losing by 10 on the road to a higher ranked team is tough but there's a lot of areas and room for improvement. I'm glad the ladies didn't just give up at the end
BlackUnisRoll
Ags Sure miss Anriel Howard's rebounding. Amazed at how many lay-ups we missed. Still had a chance with great effort at the end.
Bucketrunner
BlackUnisRoll said:

Ags Sure miss Anriel Howard's rebounding. Amazed at how many lay-ups we missed. Still had a chance with great effort at the end.
I'm sure we'll be just fine without Miss Princess. Give this team more time to grow and mature. I'm pretty proud of how they went on the road to iceland and stood toe to toe with a higher ranked team.
Larry@CSTX
Would enjoyseeing game stats. Anyone care to share?
Bucketrunner
12th man had s brief article up with a few stats. Nothing detailed.
sharpdressedman
Bucketrunner said:

BlackUnisRoll said:

Ags Sure miss Anriel Howard's rebounding.
I'm sure we'll be just fine without Miss Princess. Give this team more time to grow and mature. I'm pretty proud of how they went on the road to iceland and stood toe to toe with a higher ranked team.
Statement of fact. Lighten-up and live with it.
aggieFann
HHere is the box score from ESPN:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401091421
We shot 37% from the field and surprisingly 50% from 3pt range and only 58% from the FT line
We got out rebounded by 21 though (31 to 52)
Surprisingly we won the turnover battle (16-24)

In only 7 minutes Rael-Whitsitt was 3-3 from the FT line, had 3 points, 4 steals, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block with 0 fouls and 0 turnovers
GigemD
I miss Khaalia! I miss having a steady hand under the basket. Didn't realize how strong she was, she didn't need to take a dribble every time she posted up...

Also thought Shambria had a great game defensively, shooting will come.
HiddenAg2
You won't win many games when you get out-rebounded like we did tonight. It's just tough to lose a player like Howard and expect to make up her boards.
oklaunion
GigemD said:

I miss Khaalia! I miss having a steady hand under the basket. Didn't realize how strong she was, she didn't need to take a dribble every time she posted up...

With all due respect, I think you have a short memory.

That was a very winnable game. Take away the dumb turnovers, esp from Carter late, and make the gimme shots under the basket and we should win by several points.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Carter tries to do too much !
biobioprof
oklaunion said:

GigemD said:

With all due respect, I think you have a short memory.

That was a very winnable game. Take away the dumb turnovers, esp from Carter late, and make the gimme shots under the basket and we should win by several points.
Khaalia got much better at not dribbling in her junior year. This was a function of both her own improvement in getting position in the paint and Curtyce's ability to deliver the ball when Khaalia was in the right place.

Right now both ends of that connection aren't there yet. Of the posts, Caylinne may be the most consistent at getting position established in the paint, but the deliveries aren't quite in the right place for the bigs to take advantage. The development of the front line will be important for how we do this season, and right now I'd say that it's inconsistent at best. The starters at the 4 and 5 combined for 6 points and 3 rebounds. They went 3-12 from the field and only got to the FT line once. A lot of that was N'dea getting shut out, and Blair not giving her minutes to play through her struggles. She only played 8 overall.

In any case, now that 12thman.com has the detailed box score up we can see how badly the rebounding issues were. It led to being outscored in the paint 36-28. We got outscored on second chance points 24-6.

It was winnable, but I wouldn't call a game that required an 18 point comeback in the 4th a very winnable game. If you mean we showed that we are about even in talent, I agree. But the hole we dug in the 3rd and the first part of the 4th was bad.

Syracuse fans could also be saying that if they don't commit as many unforced turnovers, it wouldn't have been that close.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.