Kelsey in the news

2,466 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TMartin
lilsportag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting....

https://thinkprogress.org/the-first-wnba-player-to-join-kaepernicks-protest-refuses-to-stop-kneeling-6b6e01d3ab2c/
Turf96
Imagine that. Nice to know the college days of taking plays off haven't changed.

What does she think she is changing? She lives in a country where she makes a professional wage playing a game. She doesn't have to worry for food, shelter, or water.

If she wants change volunteer to help youth pick the right path or whatever she desires not take plays off and take a knee. Tired of all this stupidity. If you don't like the country move out.
Inca
AG
Did you read the article? She *IS* doing something by mentoring youth.
Gap
AG
Did you read what turf said? It all remains true. Taking a knee during OUR national anthem adds nothing.

As an aside, who wants a kid to be mentored by someone who kneels during our national anthem?Teach the young about the amazing opportunity in front of them and what they can achieve not how to hate on your country.

Quote:

If she wants change volunteer to help youth pick the right path or whatever she desires not take plays off and take a knee. Tired of all this stupidity. If you don't like the country move out.
Inca
AG
Well by saying "IF" she wants change that she should do something to guide youth implies that she ISN'T doing something along those lines.

I have mixed feelings about the whole issue but bottom line is that she is free to express herself in this peaceful way. And you are free to disagree with her.
rrtodds
AG
More than free to disagree ... free to be disappointed that one of ours would choose to be a National Athem protester and thus a NA distespector.

Then was she ever really one of ours?She chose South Carolina over A&M as a freshman. Chose to leave early rather than play her third year here. She should have stayed at SC, and we would not have been embarrassed by her choice of protest and actions.
Nixter
AG
Whatever.

I'm still mad at her for how she let Stephanie Dolson work her over when UConn came to town.
Thymes
Nixter said:

Whatever.

I'm still mad at her for how she let Stephanie Dolson work her over when UConn came to town.
This, and her propensity to take a play off from time to time, is my only beef with Kelsey.

I served six years of active duty in the Marine Corps, and I did so not only for the rights of flag-waving patriots, but also for Americans who have the freedom to protest their country in any nonviolent way.

And no, she shouldn't have stayed at South Carolina.
TMartin
Maybe she will be joining Kaepernick soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.