Women's Basketball Adds Latvian National Team Center Anna Dreimane

3,463 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TomB
aggieFann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://12thman.com/news/2018/6/7/womens-basketball-adds-latvian-national-team-center-anna-dreimane.aspx

Dreimane, a 6-5 center, has played 35 games in European competition for her country at the senior and youth level, scoring 179 points (5.1 per game) with 186 rebounds (5.3 per game) and 52 blocks (1.5 per game). She has posted seven games of 10+ points, highlighted by an international-high of 20 against England in 2015. She had her only international double-double last summer against Lithuania, helping Latvia to a 78-66 win.
In 2016-17, she appeared in 14 games for a Colorado State team that reached the second round of the WNIT. In her third collegiate game, Dreimane had six blocks against Adams State (Nov. 23, 2016), which ranks third on Colorado State's single-game list. In just eight minutes at Air Force (Jan. 7, 2017), she scored six points with four rebounds and three blocks, helping the Rams to a 72-35 victory.

She did not play during the 2017-18 season, but practiced with the team as the Rams would go back to the second round of the WNIT.

Prior to her collegiate career, she played with TTT Riga Juniores from 2013-16, helping the squad to a third-place finish in the Latvian championship in 2016, and was an all-star in the Vef Riga Superleague in 2016.
aggieFann

biobioprof
Beat me to it!

Gap
AG
Is she eligible this year or does she have to sit out a year?
aggieFann
Gap said:

i think she should should be eligible because it states she didn't play with the team during the 2017-2018 season but I could be wrong.
cs69ag
AG
Her film looks a lot better than her stats!
biobioprof
aggieFann said:

Gap said:

i think she should should be eligible because it states she didn't play with the team during the 2017-2018 season but I could be wrong.
She's one of 5 players who left CSU after last season. So many left that they didn't even hold their WBB banquet. She played very limited minutes as a freshman and has no stats from last year so I'm thinking she can play right away and has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Whether or not she would use all 3 - she turns 21 on the 4th of July.

CSU stats
http://csurams.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1817

International stats
http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u20women/2017/player/Anna-Rezija-Dreimane
Rudybryan
She's better than her stats......at 6'5" her height will help us....
Gap
AG
It looks to me like she has to sit out next year unless CSU is dropping women's basketball.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18_Transfer_Guide_4_Year_20170721.pdf
rrtodds
AG
She runs ... she shoots ... she blocks ... she passes ... she appears to have a little mean/rough/ tough streak at time. Looks like a heck of a 6'5" replacement from who we've had.
DogCompany74
AG
She looks as athletic and mobile as anyone that we've had at the post. She will be golden if she can hit those 10-15' jumpers .We'll see how she holds up against some of the big bodies in the SEC moving her out. Looks like a great
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
BanderaAg956
The real question is - Will she be developed into a much better player?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
monarch
S
Doesn't "look" like a typical European player and in fact she looks "Americanized." She'll be OK here, but banging bodies with SEC competition will take a toll. We can use her I'm sure.
sharpdressedman
Appears to be a very good addition to the team! Welcome to Aggieland!
TomB
AG
Great addition. Wish someone could clarify when she will be eligible to play. If you sit out and do not play, that would seem to be a redshirt year which would count against her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.