A&M basketball player, twin sister charged with taking part in home attack of 68-year

2,998 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BanderaAg956
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A&M basketball player, twin sister charged with taking part in home attack of 68-year-old man
By Travis L. Brown travis.brown@theeagle.com

Texas A&M women's basketball center Caylinne Martin and her twin sister, Corinne, have been charged with injury to the elderly, a third-degree felony, stemming from an altercation that occurred on Christmas Eve 2017, according to Harris County court documents.

Both sisters were arrested May 25 and were released the following day, court documents show.

According to a probable cause statement, a 68-year-old man and his son were attacked in a Houston home by five people, which included the Martin sisters. During the attack, the 68-year-old man bit the thumb of Corinne Martin, causing it to bleed, the documents state.

In response, Caylinne Martin is accused of hitting the man with a closed fist to make him release from the bite before the five fled the home, states the probable cause document.

The 68-year-old man suffered a broken nose, which required treatment, according to the documents, and the injury was visible after the incident.

The attack stemmed from a previous verbal altercation between the younger victim and his stepson, centered on the cancelation of the son's mobile phone service, the victim's wife said.

Also named as a defendant in the attack is Moses Rayshawn Martin, brother to the twins and father to a child with a juvenile arrested in the incident. Court documents show Legista Ricardo Beckford was also charged in the attack.

According to an athletic department official, Caylinne Martin has been suspended from the basketball team indefinitely because of her arrest, per school policy. Corinne Martin is set to graduate A&M in August and is, therefore, no longer a part of the women's basketball team, where she served as manager, according to an athletic department official.

Caylinne Martin said she was never involved with the physical altercation because she was in a car outside of the home with a 1-year-old during the time of the attack, according to her attorney Aaron Poole.

"I'm very comfortable with the fact that she was never, ever involved in any way, shape or form in a physical altercation," Poole said. "She wasn't even in the apartment and there is going to be, I think, multiple people to corroborate that."

Before the 2016-17 season, Martin transferred to A&M from McLennan Community College, where she was named a junior college All-American. After a redshirt season in Aggieland, the 6-foot-3 post took to the court for the first time as a junior this year, averaging 6 minutes and 1.8 points per game while backing up senior Khaalia Hillsman. She played nine minutes during the Aggies' three NCAA tournament games this season, scoring two points.
biobioprof
Cardiac Saturday
Rudybryan
This crap made espn.com

A&M center Caylinne Martin charged with injury to elderly
Jun 4, 2018
  • Associated Press

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23699501/texas-center-caylinne-martin-charged-injury-elderly
Thymes
I am wondering how the recruitment and signing of Anna Dreimane coincided with the knowledge that we might need a new backup at the 5 position.
Rudybryan
They were looking anyway.....remember we lost Nichols
BQ92
AG
Why shouldn't they report it?
biobioprof
Rudybryan said:

They were looking anyway.....remember we lost Nichols
I may be misremembering but I thought Blair had talked about recruiting posts even before Nichols announced she was transferring. The main reason being Khaalia graduating. Caylinne would have only had 1 year of eligibility even without the current problem.
BanderaAg956
Throwing away your college education because of a argument, I just don't get it! That must have been a very important arguement topic!!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.