Cheah Rael-Whitsett

2,730 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JuCo player

looking for more info. Edit to add ... guess we missed this for a few days.
biobioprof
6' F from Ann Arbor

Miami-Dade College
http://www.mdcathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/bios/rael-whitsitt_cheah_9waj

Tzone
I posted last week that there were 2 commits coming.
Gap
AG
Averaged 16.5 points and 14.2 rebounds per game last year.

Quote:

Awards/ Honors:
  • All-Southern Conference
  • All-Academic Team
  • Top 40 National Juco All-Star Selection

Dreams:
  • "To make my mother, grandmother, and family proud."

Favorite Quote:
  • "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear for failure." - unknown

fitzwatema
AG
From the stats, it looks like she can come in and give us some help right away. I don't know the competition level where she was playing, so numbers could be a little skewed. Free throw percentage was below 70%, so that needs to be improved.
DogCompany74
AG
Two years here?
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
aggieFann
Yes I do remember you stating that and even averaging 14 rebounds at a Juco is still pretty good. She's only 6 feet though so I'm guessing she plays the small forward position. Her three-point percentage is 75% so this makes me to believe that she attempted very little three point shots.
aggieFann
I found this highlight video. She seems to run the floor very well.

DogCompany74
AG
Anriel was just getting proficient at hitting that 10-12 foot jumper in the key, so if she can get rebounds, hit short jumpers and put backs it might prove to be a net plus for next two years.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
trackaggie76
AG
Looks like #12 is available too!!!!
Wicked Good Ag
DogCompany74 said:

Anriel was just getting proficient at hitting that 10-12 foot jumper in the key, so if she can get rebounds, hit short jumpers and put backs it might prove to be a net plus for next two years.

She was but it was still a very flat shot which allowed for a deeper rebound so she or others could get if she missed the shot.
biobioprof
aggieFann said:

Yes I do remember you stating that and even averaging 14 rebounds at a Juco is still pretty good. She's only 6 feet though so I'm guessing she plays the small forward position. Her three-point percentage is 75% so this makes me to believe that she attempted very little three point shots.
yup, the stats on the Miami Dade page show she was 3-4 from 3 pt range.

The stats on that website are pretty buggy, though. The season stats have every player averaging 1 min per game. Cheah's page says she would score 659.4 points per 40 minutes! These are probably related.
mullokmotx
AG
Robert Cessna has a story in The Eagle today about the 2 new transfers. Still nothing on 12th man.com. Time to welcome the 2 newcomers to Texas and to Texas A&M!
biobioprof
mullokmotx said:

Robert Cessna has a story in The Eagle today about the 2 new transfers. Still nothing on 12th man.com. Time to welcome the 2 newcomers to Texas and to Texas A&M!
Here's the link

http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/aggie-women-s-basketball-program-adds-pair-of-transfers/article_47cc5934-5281-11e8-8b1f-b3158b2cdc33.html

edit to add: AggieFann already posted on another thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.