Maryland Transfer Aja Ellison to A&M

4,479 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Nixter
aggieFann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aja Ellison is coming to Aggieland from Maryland.Shes listed as a 6'3" forward.
biobioprof
link? source?

biobioprof
Wondering if she is grad transfer. She was a RS Jr at Maryland last season. didn't get much PT.

Pervis Ellison's daughter.

RS was for a knee injury. Before the injury she could do this

biobioprof
Weird. Tweet deleted.

Fake News?
aggieFann
Hmm that is very odd that it has been removed. I got it from the team's social media accounts. Maybe they jumped the gun
rrtodds
AG
You can watch the shot on YouTube.
biobioprof
rrtodds said:

That's not what we're talking about being removed. The missing tweet welcomed her to aggieland.
Thymes
biobioprof said:

rrtodds said:

That's not what we're talking about being removed. The missing tweet welcomed her to aggieland.
Was it the official team twitter feed?
jvanbeek
AG
I did a Google search. The only link is to this page. Fslse alarm or premature announcement?
Artimus Gordon
More fake news?
Thymes
If she transfers anywhere, she would indeed be a senior. Whether she will graduate in order to qualify for senior transfer (immediate eligibility) is not something I can determine yet. She has certainly been in the program long enough.

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=209541878
biobioprof
Thymes said:

biobioprof said:

rrtodds said:

Was it the official team twitter feed?
is was @aggie_hoops12 not @aggiewbb.

But I think that one has been mentioned on the Blair radio show.
Bucketrunner
Is she transferring to their major instate rival? A school with whom they compete for recruits?
Wicked Good Ag
Does it matter? People were bashing Williams and Howard long before any known destination

And no for the record it doesn't matter if to an instate or arch rival or not. According to Texags they can't leave once they choose to regardless of reason but players like Nick Harvey or Koda Martin or DJ Hogg leave their teammates all is good. And for the record they have every right to leave as well especially the two that will graduate regardless of reason. We are so quick to say fine if the reason is good to us. What if their reason is just as valid or even more so? Or do we take Texags speculation as gospel ?
biobioprof
Wicked Good Ag said:

Does it matter? People were bashing Williams and Howard long before any known destination

And no for the record it doesn't matter if to an instate or arch rival or not. According to Texags they can't leave once they choose to regardless of reason but players like Nick Harvey or Koda Martin or DJ Hogg leave their teammates all is good. And for the record they have every right to leave as well especially the two that will graduate regardless of reason. We are so quick to say fine if the reason is good to us. What if their reason is just as valid or even more so? Or do we take Texags speculation as gospel ?
The right to do something is not the same as the right to not be second-guessed or criticized. Some criticism is fair other criticism is unfair, and a subset of the latter could be over the line.

Some of us see a bigger difference between Williams and Howard and other transfers based on their playing time and the emphasis on their game within the overall game plan. Others, like you, don't.

wrt speculation, I find it mildly amusing that some here seem to have a higher tolerance for speculations about the players and coaches who haven't left us than for speculation about those who are leaving.
Wicked Good Ag
If it is playing time they are after as their number one reason for leaving they won't find more anywhere else. If chance go really deep the next season is their reason they could likely have gotten this here as well.
They have their reasons and I think a large part of it is team chemistry that changed last year and the fact that they will graduate. I think this season could be special or could have been. But for me to dismiss them as non Aggies after getting degrees in three years as a student athlete and be bitter would be selfish on my part

I wish them well and believe they think they made the right decision. Time will tell but in the end it is up to them to make that decision.

I have my own thoughts as to what spurred their decisions but it doesn't matter as to why
biobioprof
Wicked Good Ag said:

If it is playing time they are after as their number one reason for leaving they won't find more anywhere else. If chance go really deep the next season is their reason they could likely have gotten this here as well.
They have their reasons and I think a large part of it is team chemistry that changed last year and the fact that they will graduate. I think this season could be special or could have been. But for me to dismiss them as non Aggies after getting degrees in three years as a student athlete and be bitter would be selfish on my part

I wish them well and believe they think they made the right decision. Time will tell but in the end it is up to them to make that decision.

I have my own thoughts as to what spurred their decisions but it doesn't matter as to why
You're making my point.
Wicked Good Ag
My point has never been I thought they should leave

My point has always been they have the right to leave and they leave with degrees in hand for whatever reason they choose to leave.
A lot of people have vilified them and called them non Aggies even before we knew where they may or are going . Which I think is uncalled for when no one knows the reason for leaving. People can speculate all you want but don't make it out to be factual.
Do I think from a BB standpoint it maybe a bad decision? Yes because I can see next year being special but sometimes it is more than just BB that spurs a decision.
rainag78
I would hire danni but for that hook em sign she would start in the mail room rather than as my asst in the executive suite
Wicked Good Ag
Wasn't Maryland in the final four a few years ago

I may be wrong but I thought they had a two or three year run recently
Gap
AG
Ellison was last on Maryland's team last year in minutes played. She played 108 total minutes in Maryland's 34 game season. During Maryland's 16 game conference schedule, Ellison was on the court for 27 minutes.

http://www.umterps.com//ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=29700&CONTENT_ID=2137796

Perhaps, the change of scenery helps her.

This is a bit of a different scenario than Williams or Howard's transfer where they were multi-year starters.. Williams played 1309 minutes last year leading our team. Howard played 1210 minutes for us.

Williams shot the ball 441 times last year. Ellison had 14 shots on the season.
aggieFann
The link is back up (for now)
https://instagr.am/p/Bifg4ODFmFh
lilsportag02
AG
How classy
biobioprof
aggieFann said:

The link is back up (for now)
https://instagr.am/p/Bifg4ODFmFh
Amy retweeted it. But not seeing it anywhere else yet
Nixter
AG
lilsportag02 said:

How classy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.