Excellant article on Geno

1,253 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Thymes
Rudybryan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Written in March somehow I missed it....but very insightful.....as I read I was comparing what
Gary goes through with our program.....and then what Geno goes through....every coach
has a bar to reach....every fan has expectations.....can you imagine the stress of setting
the bar so high anything less than a undefeated season and a national
championship - you are a failure.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22832792/uconn-coach-geno-auriemma-only-pretending-okay
Thymes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Helluva story, helluva writer.

Gino and his party go through two $700 bottles of wine at Brennan's on the night before a game in New Orleans, where the Tulane center doesn't even bother to jump for the opening tip. Hell, $1400 is probably my family's restaurant budget for the year.

He gets so upset with his undefeated team's imperfections that, once, he had a mini nervous breakdown and refused to come out from under the bleachers until an alumna talked him out.

Winning by 40 points, he gets visibly agitated that some team member don't have their hands up.

But ...

"When I'm home," he says, "I'm not the UConn women's basketball coach."

I wonder there are two new signatures on that basement wall at home, where every player and even recruits sign.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.