Vic coming back...

3,960 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as a Muster keynote speaker.

Gabe just had him on the radio.
Pioneer
May be courtside before you know it.. Woodward likes to shake things up..
Bucketrunner
I hope not. If it can't be Blair, please let it be Kelly.
JR69
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Rudybryan
Pioneer said:

May be courtside before you know it.. Woodward likes to shake things up..
That would be funny Howard goes to MS and Vic comes here
Rudybryan
Bucketrunner said:

absolutely her loyalty has never bent
trackaggie76
AG
not sure we would ever hire someone who had never been a D1 head coach.

To get VS back here it would take making him the highest paid women's coach in America--how bad do we want to go to the elite level (elite 8 or better every year)?

Having said that, I hope GB keeps coaching in Aggieland as long as he wants and KB gets her head coaching shot soon!
Bucketrunner
Kelly has integrity
AG86PF
AG
Vic was the speaker at Muster in Waco about 10 years ago. He was the best Muster Speaker I've ever heard. He did a great job. I didn't know much about him at that time, but have kept up with him closely since. He is a GREAT Aggie as well as a GREAT coach.
biobioprof
AG86PF said:

Vic was the speaker at Muster in Waco about 10 years ago. He was the best Muster Speaker I've ever heard. He did a great job. I didn't know much about him at that time, but have kept up with him closely since. He is a GREAT Aggie as well as a GREAT coach.
To me, raiding our roster isn't quite what I think of when I think "true to each other as Aggies can be". Does that not matter to you or are you not paying attention to that story?
lilsportag02
AG
Do people not remember why Vic left A&M in the first place?
gigum
AG
No I don't. Why?
Thymes
I thought he left to become head coach as Mississippi State.
JR69
AG
You thought right. He had been ready for that step for a long time and it wasn't coming anytime soon in Aggieland. Vic was offered a great opportunity, took it, and has made the most of it. Nothing wrong with that - it's the right step in his chosen profession.

That said, I agree with the prof.
coldmoose
biobioprof said:

AG86PF said:

To me, raiding our roster isn't quite what I think of when I think "true to each other as Aggies can be". Does that not matter to you or are you not paying attention to that story?

I agree. I was very disappointed to learn that Mississippi State is one of the potential destinations.
Thymes
biobioprof said:

I could not agree more.
CEAg78
AG
I doubt Vic went looking to raid our roster. More like it was offered.
Thymes
I, too, doubt he initiated it. But he was willing to jet home quickly after being a Muster speaker to meet with Lashes. My heart would like to hear that he counseled the young lady to make a different decision. My head tells me he saw a prospect he wanted to have on his team.
biobioprof
Thymes said:

I, too, doubt he initiated it. But he was willing to jet home quickly after being a Muster speaker to meet with Lashes. My heart would like to hear that he counseled the young lady to make a different decision. My head tells me he saw a prospect he wanted to have on his team.
The comments from Anriel's mother after the MSU visit suggest that what you want from your heart was more likely to have come from Geno in Storrs than from Vic in Starkville.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.